Sd Card

rasp54

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All.
I have had a 522gw for over a week been working fine .Using a samsung 128 evo plus card .the unit its saying please insert card but there is one in it.I have taken it out its to hot to touch. tried putting back in a few times same message PLEASE INSERT SD CARD

That could just be that it needs formatting in the unit.

I know it sounds daft, how can it format what it can't see but it's worked for me in the past.

Dashcams sometimes can't see cards formatted in exFAT by Windows.

I've had this before on Dashcams, a format via the dashcam itself should sort it out no probs.

It's gone tried it in card reader says io error can't read it

Dead card. Try 'sdforrmatter' and if that does any good use one of the freewares to set it up as fat32 on your PC, then format it in cam. If you experience any further similar troubles afterward just get another known good card- not worth spending hours trying to save a few bucks to keep a trouble-prone card in service..

Phil

i hope it is not a fake bought from Mymemory co.uk . Sdformatter will not even find it. will see other older cards.

I've always bought my Samsung cards from Scan. They are official Samsung resellers.

One thing your post has highlighted for me is - MyMemory or MrMemory, 2 companies with very similar names, coincidence or deliberate and are they both OK

Ive never had an issue with mymemory.co.uk cards, and I've put them in all the families phones and in my 512 and 522

Waiting to rma it back to samsung. Can anyone recommend a 128g for my cam

Waiting to rma it back to samsung. Can anyone recommend a 128g for my cam
Nextbase 128GB and Sandisk Extreme 128GB, I used both and never had no problems in my 612 4k or 522. Amazon have good deals on usually.

Heard people have problems with Samsung cards quite abit before..

My Samsung Evo U3 128Gb card is still going strong almost 2 years from first use and across 4 different dashcams:

Never missed a single frame.

I've read so many adverse reports about Sandisk I steer clear.

Good to know (y) Just curious how Samsung fares?

Phil

i hope it is not a fake bought from Mymemory co.uk . Sdformatter will not even find it. will see other older cards.
I've brought plenty of Samsung evo 128gb sd cards from mymemory for years & have had no issues what so ever... I know nextbase dash cams don't like certain brands inside as have had that experience in the past, but with good guidance & advise from other forum members on here I was highly recommended samsung evo sd cards

Good to know (y) Just curious how Samsung fares?
I don't use them in Australia as Samsung won't sell them directly, (they're in bed with some of the major retail chains for some exclusive deals), so I can't comment on how they fare, @Street Guardian USA does use Samsung cards though and would have a better idea on what kind of failure rate they have, I don't see too many come up in our support ticket system so I'd guess they do well also

We currently bundle Sandisk High Endurance U3 cards for 32, 64, 128, 256.
We do use Samsung EVO Select U3 cards though for 512GB bundled products. (they don't make High Endurance in 512GB yet)
Samsung has been pretty reliable over the past 3-4 years. I did just replace a 512GB card for someone this week though after it failed after 1 year. They couldn't write to the card even on their computer, card locked into read-only mode

Last edited:
Back