SD Cards.. preferred minimum Read Write Speeds ?

twodogron

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,
This subject may well have been covered elsewhere in the Forum previously but a quick search came up negative........
I'm looking for advice from experienced Dash Cam users regarding what to look for when buying SD Cards, say up to 64Gb capacity for use in Dash Cams (I honestly haven't got a clue, other than it needs to be a Class 10.)
I suppose the obvious answer is as high a speed as you can afford but I'm sure there's lots of good other advice on this subject too !
Thanks...

Class 10 U1, reputable brand name from reputable seller.
P.S. read fine-print on the official site. Some brands / models do not give warranty when used in dashcams.
I have good experience with Lexar and Transcend 300x and up memory cards.

not sure if 64gb is supported in that model, that aside though I don't believe these are fussy with brands, any decent brand name class 10 card should be fine, I probably wouldn't suggest Sandisk though, great cards, just not the best for this application

not sure if 64gb is supported in that model, that aside though I don't believe these are fussy with brands, any decent brand name class 10 card should be fine, I probably wouldn't suggest Sandisk though, great cards, just not the best for this application

Hi Jokiin,
Thanks for raising the question mark over 64Gb capacity, funny thing is it shows 8/16/32/64Gb on the "Amazon Ad". and yet I've been right the way through the English User Manual/Boxes and Packing and can't find a mention anywhere of capacity other than it was supplied with an 8Gb SD Card so I've emailed supplier to try and find out before going any further..........I was sure it was 64Gb but now I'm not so sure..!!! :(

iTronics iPass Black 1TB-100SPW
Reliably :) informed today that this model has a 64Gb capacity so took Niko's previous advice and ordered a couple of Transcend 600x's today........
Thanks....

Back