SDXC Formating

Discussion in 'M6 Plus' started by Old But Keen, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Old But Keen

Old But Keen New Member

United Kingdom
    Hi all,
    I have just joined the group and I hope I am posting this in the right section.

Can anybody help me with the formatting of a 64 gb sdxc micro card, because I am totally confused.

I have recently purchased a DDPai m6 plus camera and I also purchased a Samsung evo 64gb sdxc card.
    I formatted the card via the camera app whilst the card was in the camera and it was formatted in exFAT.
    The card works fine within the camera and I can view photos and videos via my smart phone, I can also view and play the files on my old Windows PC, but I cannot get it to load ( mount) in my iMac.
    I get a message saying that the mac does not recognise the card, if I go into disk utility I can reformat the card with exFAT ( the format that it is already in ) and then it will load/ mount with no problem, but then it is not recognised by the camera which also wants to reformat into exFAT!
    Any ideas?

2. DDPAI_Kevin

DDPAI_Kevin New Member Manufacturer

China
    That is compliance issue for iMac system and Micro SD card. Normally iMac could read FAT32 format.

3. jokiin

jokiin Well-Known Member Manufacturer

China
    Dash Cam:
    Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    best to always format the cards in the camera, particularly after using in a Mac

SawMaster likes this.
  4. Old But Keen

Old But Keen New Member

United Kingdom
    Hi Kevin,
    Thanks for your reply, is their a way to work around this, I would really like to be able to download files onto the iMac