Second-time buyer; looking for best cam under $200.

Masterchewyoda

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi guys and gals,

I'm looking for a new dashcam. Currently using the Mini 805, but am having issues as of late with it not always turning on and other recording issue. Last thing I want is a cam that doesn't work the one time I need it. Anyway, I have a couple of options in mind, but would like some of your input!

Currently looking at: Viofo A119 V2, Thinkware F50, Thinkware X330/350 Garmin 45, and the PAPAGO GoSafe 388. These are all currently available under $200 in Canada.

What I am looking for, in order of importance:

1. Daytime Video Quality
  2. Build Quality/Reliability(-25 to 35 Celsius) (Canadian Weather)
  3. Parking Mode (Buffered)
  4. Night-Time Video Quality

Not Important:

• Screen-size
  • Discrete
  • GPS/Speed Reading

Thanks!

Last edited:
the F50 has very poor video, as that's your number one requirement you could remove that one from your list

The only one on your list I respect is the A119V2. An almost-bullseye is the Garmin 45; look into the Garmin 55 instead. It's a very good cam now and they're still improving it :D

Phil

The only one on your list I respect is the A119V2. An almost-bullseye is the Garmin 45; look into the Garmin 55 instead. It's a very good cam now and they're still improving it :D

Phil
Thanks for your advice! What makes the Garmin 45 an "almost-bullseye", and why do you recommend the 55 instead?

More development seems to be focused on the 55 and I know less about the 45. Were it not for it being a battery cam and for my camera spending needing to be reined in some I'd buy a Garmin 55.

Phil

More development seems to be focused on the 55 and I know less about the 45. Were it not for it being a battery cam and for my camera spending needing to be reined in some I'd buy a Garmin 55.

Phil
Fair enough, thanks!

Its rubbish compared to the VIOFO A119S V2

Just found out that the BlackVue DR450-1cCH is on sale for $180. How does it stack up against the Viofo A119S V2?

Phil
+1 on Garmin 55. I've been running it all summer including buffered parking mode. Haven't missed a frame.

Back