Second-time buyer; looking for best cam under $200.

+1 on Garmin 55. I've been running it all summer including buffered parking mode. Haven't missed a frame.
Have any experience with the A119? Looks like it's between that and the 55. The Garmin has the parking mode but is fairly more expensive.

Have any experience with the A119? Looks like it's between that and the 55. The Garmin has the parking mode but is fairly more expensive.
Yes I also have A119 v1 which was very reliable when it was in my car. Took it out to make space for Garmin since I wanted parking mode.

OP, how hot it gets?
the Garmin is battery based - check at reviews for overheating shutdown , where A119/S is capacitor based that works far better in wider temp range and no reason for replacement after 1 or 2 years
the A119S is better at night , while A119 has better resolution that at day is better
there are many videos that compare A119 vs A119S - look at those to make appropriate selection that works for you

my 2c.

OP, how hot it gets?
the Garmin is battery based - check at reviews for overheating shutdown , where A119/S is capacitor based that works far better in wider temp range and no reason for replacement after 1 or 2 years
the A119S is better at night , while A119 has better resolution that at day is better
there are many videos that compare A119 vs A119S - look at those to make appropriate selection that works for you

my 2c.
Thanks for your response. It can get up to 35 degrees a couple times a year, but mostly under 30 (Celsius). It can also get as cold as - 30-40 here as well, which I am also considering while looking at a new cam. Most people have recommended the A119, so that will probably end up being my choice. Haven't decided for certain yet though.

Garmin did tweak the firmware which helped with over-temp shutdowns, however batteries don't like temperature extremes so the A119 or the A119S may be a better choice. If you do a lot of driving at night the A119S will be a better choice but the A119 isn't too far behind it then and is much better in daytime. There are still some edge focus and heat-focus-shift issues with a percentage of the A119 series cams, but if you buy from a good seller you can get a replacement pronto should you be one of the less-lucky buyers. Even with that it's still well worth buying as it has more "bang-for-the-buck" than any other cam today and the odds are that you won't have problems.

Phil

Garmin did tweak the firmware which helped with over-temp shutdowns, however batteries don't like temperature extremes so the A119 or the A119S may be a better choice. If you do a lot of driving at night the A119S will be a better choice but the A119 isn't too far behind it then and is much better in daytime. There are still some edge focus and heat-focus-shift issues with a percentage of the A119 series cams, but if you buy from a good seller you can get a replacement pronto should you be one of the less-lucky buyers. Even with that it's still well worth buying as it has more "bang-for-the-buck" than any other cam today and the odds are that you won't have problems.

Phil
A119 will be better for native 1440p resolution!

Phil
Yeah, I was reading that. If I get one of the Viofos, it'll be the A119 V2.
A119 will be better for native 1440p resolution!
True!

Yeah, I was reading that. If I get one of the Viofos, it'll be the A119 V2.
If like,we can PM you discount code for this A119 V2 for our local Canada stock.

Back