Secondary Camera

@estore009 Instead of a $15 GalaxyCore rear cam, would you be able to do a $25 or $30 IMX323 rear cam? I think an IMX307/327 is out of the question in this price range right?

Or I don't know, one of those OV2775 or OV2718 things might still be better. Of course it'd be a bit pointless to make a rear cam cost $70 on a $100 front camera, but I do think $25-$35 might be the sweet spot for a quality rear cam to pair with this.

Also, somehow, my back camera is flipped left to right. If I mount it the other way around, the left to right is correct but then the image is upside down.

just changing the sensor won't fix the problem

I have a feeling the link between front and back camera is using CVBS signal, so yes just changing the camera may not resolve all the issues but it should at least lower the noise floor. Check out the electron bleed around the lower edge (or whatever this phenomenon is called as you drive up the gain on the sensor).

vlcsnap-2021-05-12-09h36m57s399.jpg

Me as well. I was going to purchase the rear cam but as it is now I won't when every cam I have (save one crappy G1W clone) has much better imaging. The B4K front cam is great so I'm glad to know they're working on something better for the rear than this (y) Yet if it is an analog system (which it seems to be) then the possibilities for something better are quite limited by that :(

The B4K a budget-friendly cam and you don't get what you don't pay for- if you want the best you're going to have to spend a whole lot more. Even if other similarly-priced cams have better rear imaging, none of those match the B4K front cam so even with the rear cam as it is now, IMHO this is still worthy for an affordable 2-channel system :)

Phil

I have a feeling the link between front and back camera is using CVBS signal, so yes just changing the camera may not resolve all the issues but it should at least lower the noise floor. Check out the electron bleed around the lower edge (or whatever this phenomenon is called as you drive up the gain on the sensor).

View attachment 56678
Yes mine's the same and very obvious when it's under low light conditions
check my post https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/secondary-camera.43916/post-545049

ok yes , quality is terrible on rear camera, at night especially. I would be happy to pay to upgrade rear to starvis. No complaints with Front camera is great. Here is the morning front camera footage, I do need to get CPL filter.
After I installed the CPL I also noticed that the LED traffic lights and tail lights stopped flickering too... not quite sure how but that seems to be the case.

After I installed the CPL I also noticed that the LED traffic lights and tail lights stopped flickering too... not quite sure how but that seems to be the case.

Probably the shutter speed slowed down to compensate for less light coming in. You'll notice more motion blur too when light gets a bit weak.

When I was reviewing the BlueSkySea B4K camera, I had to figure out why it would not go into parking mode. It turned out I was sent the incorrect hardwiring adapter. When I received the correct hardwiring adapter, it had this second switch with no documentation. I tested both positions left/right and found that the left position is the one that makes that power adapter compatible with the B4K parking mode requirements.

I discuss that topic in my video starting at the 5:59 time index:

I have battery draining issues with hard wiring kit. I had left switch all the way to left and right switch all the way to right 12.4V. there it was still draining my battery below cranking voltage. I just brought another battery thinking it was old battery. How can i rectify this? i hard wired correctly. Yellow cable going to ACC and Red to Battery, ground to ground. Is it a faulty Hardwiring adapter?

Last edited:
I have battery draining issues with hard wiring kit. I had left switch all the way to left and right switch all the way to right 12.4V. there it was still draining my battery below cranking voltage. I just brought another battery thinking it was old battery. How can i rectify this? i hard wired correctly. Yellow cable going to ACC and Red to Battery, ground to ground. Is it a faulty Hardwiring adapter?
A few things could be going on in this situation.
  • Verify ACC / Battery power sources
    • You stated the B4K power adapter wires are connected correctly, but I must suggest to verify that one more time to be 100 percent sure.
    • If the ACC (yellow) wire is not connected to a power source the provides accessory (switched) power, this could occur.
  • Hardwiring adapter could be faulty
    • It's certainly possible that this could be faulty
    • I suggest running a test by disconnecting the wires from the B4K power adapter and see if the problem occurs again.
      • You could have another power drain in the car that is causing the low battery condition, but removing the B4K power adapter from the situation would show whether the B4K power adapter is involved in the situation.

A few things could be going on in this situation.
  • Verify ACC / Battery power sources
    • You stated the B4K power adapter wires are connected correctly, but I must suggest to verify that one more time to be 100 percent sure.
    • If the ACC (yellow) wire is not connected to a power source the provides accessory (switched) power, this could occur.
  • Hardwiring adapter could be faulty
    • It's certainly possible that this could be faulty
    • I suggest running a test by disconnecting the wires from the B4K power adapter and see if the problem occurs again.
      • You could have another power drain in the car that is causing the low battery condition, but removing the B4K power adapter from the situation would show whether the B4K power adapter is involved in the situation.
It was a faulty hardwiring kit. Replaced it and now not draining battery. replacement hardwiring kit SKU: DD036

When I was reviewing the BlueSkySea B4K camera, I had to figure out why it would not go into parking mode. It turned out I was sent the incorrect hardwiring adapter. When I received the correct hardwiring adapter, it had this second switch with no documentation. I tested both positions left/right and found that the left position is the one that makes that power adapter compatible with the B4K parking mode requirements.

I discuss that topic in my video starting at the 5:59 time index:

Great video, very thorough. I subscribed to your channel.

Back