SeeZeus GT300w firmware upgrade issues

wesleyjw

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I own a Shadow GT300w purchased through alibaba.com from the seller Saddle Technology Co, Ltd. It came with firmware V0628031 firmware installed. It's been freezing occasionally on me, and doesn't reset unless it runs out of battery, or if I reset the device with a paperclip. I have been having the hardest time upgrading from v0628031 firmware. I have attempted to update the loader (LD966550A.bin) and I have also tried to update the firmware using different revisions FWA8S711.bin, FW966550A.bin and I have also attempted to rename the firmware files to V2328031.bin (supposedly the latest firmware that works on this dashcam I own.) Unfortunately, I have been unable to find V2328031.bin. And Saddle Technology hasn't helped at all. None of the FWA8S711.bin, FW966550A.bin firmware files update either.

The seller did answer my inquiry, but responded with:

The seller hasn't been very helpful, and I wouldn't recommend them for this reason.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Can you take a photo of the menu, so I will know which version you got.

yes, just the single firmware file. Name of the firmware file is: YTX000FW.bin

In languages menu does your cam only have English and a Chinese language? If so, it might me a Chinese domestic market version only.
You bought this in Oct 2013. I am not sure when foxoffer (for example) started selling the current itteration of the GT300W which now uses a similar FW to the GT680W. This version is not the same as what was initially available when I bought last June and stopped production in August 2013 I believe.

Do you think i'll have any re-course from the seller?

it doesn't sound like you've had much help so far so not sure what they'll do for you now, if it is freezing randomly though try a different memory card, they can be a bit fussy sometimes about what they work with

In languages menu does your cam only have English and a Chinese language? If so, it might me a Chinese domestic market version only.
You bought this in Oct 2013. I am not sure when foxoffer (for example) started selling the current itteration of the GT300W which now uses a similar FW to the GT680W. This version is not the same as what was initially available when I bought last June and stopped production in August 2013 I believe.
it has english, russian, french, Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, Italian, etc.

it doesn't sound like you've had much help so far so not sure what they'll do for you now, if it is freezing randomly though try a different memory card, they can be a bit fussy sometimes about what they work with
I will try a different memory card and will post results

A different card might help. My GT300W does not like Sandisk UHS-1 Class 10 cards (freezes) but works well with a Sandisk Class 4.

Back