Self stabilized suction mount?

exie610

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey everyone. After browsing this and /r/roadcams on Reddit I finally bought a dashcam. Now I'm looking for a mount with some mechanical stabilization in it and can't find crap! Does anyone have a recommended one?

It's a got myself a Möbius action cam for a 97 grand Prix with a bad vibration. Makes the video almost unusable.
I've seen one before on Reddit, it was white and mechanically stabilized. Very small, standard suction cup size. But it was months ago and finding the op is something that would take ages.

Normally a very solid mount is best for a dashcam. If you really want stabilisation then get a Gitup Git2 with built in gyro stabilisation, but if your problem is a big bass speaker making the windscreen vibrate then not even a Git2 will solve the problem, although you should have a volume control that will.

I use a hand-held gimbal for my phone and action cam but I certainly wouldn't want to mount it on my windshield. I like solid-mounted cameras for dash camera. I prefer the non-stabilized video where I don't see my dash/windshield "dancing" around in the frame. I've even used the "stabilized" mode on my action cam while it was mounted to my windshield and hated it. but it helps when it's hand-held.

Back