Sent fake 0801 instead of 0803?

reedy-ni

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I had this camera bought for me for Christmas, which they thought it was a mini 0803 as it was advertised as such but as it turns out it is actually a mini 0801 (Max res is: 1920×1080) and I believe it to be fake but I'm not sure.

The 0801 I was given has a different menu layout which is also a red menu instead of the traditional colour and layout of the blue menu and this one had a firmware version of 'VER201312121905'. Now from what I can see from a few threads on here, this version is unusual and as such a few members have declared it a fake.

Stupidly I went on to upgrade the firmware (for MPH) and now it's bricked - didn't see the thread were is says not to upgrade the firmware on potential fakes as it won't work and can/will brick the camera.

I haven't any photos, but the photos from Harold's thread are identical to what I received, expect mine is not a Eprance, nor is it related to them or purchased from them, instead mine was from a Ebay seller.

Last question, I was going to contact the seller to talk with the seller for sending me a 'mini 0801' instead of the advertised and paid for '0803'. With the camera being bricked, would I have a leg to stand on with a resolution suited to both parties?

Thanks.

The Q&A wasn't there when I looked at it. Had it been there, I would've bought from someone else.

Just open a case with ebay, you will win and get your money back. Not your fault you applied wrong firmware.. It was your reasonable belief that it was a genuine 0803 because that's what it was advertised as.

Already in hand. And an 0805 on order from FoxOffer

Was it this seller by any chance? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121433819976 I got the same. I have now filed a dispute with eBay.

That's the camera I bought, different seller though. Funny how he posts up a REAL 801 or 803 pic with the holes of the speaker next to the camera lense. Then scroll down to pics where it doesn't have the speaker holes. LOL

Actually mine works fine, bit choppy on full 1920x1080 or whatever max resolution is at 30fps. I turned it down one notch I think to 1400x1080 which is ok.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Mini 0801 4
skoubri Mini 0801 39
H Mini 0801 23
Kingstonian Mini 0801 17
Rayman.Chan Mini 0801 103
Back