Settings And Timezone Resetting to Default [SOLVED]

Jeremy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
SG9665GC & Mobius 1
After my wife was almost hit by an illegal U-Turner, (clip here) I reviewed the video and discovered the settings were being reset to Default. Initially, I only noticed the time was wrong. I counted it to be ahead by 15 hours. I went into the settings and found that the GMT offset was at 10+, so I reset this to -8 for California/Pacific. After powering up the camera, the GPS grabbed the correct time.

The funny thing is, while doing follow up testing, I caught the camera actually resetting back to 10+. This time, I realized the difference was actually 18 hours. @jokiin pointed out the default is 10+, so this adds up since my normal offset is -8.

Also, all of the settings seem to be getting reset, not just the Timezone. Any ideas on what causes this?

(Solution)

Last edited:
Yes, almost 3 months ago in June I updated the firmware on both of my cams. I also got right of the integrated cigarette-lighter-to-mini-USB cable and replaced it with a dedicated USB to mini USB. I also put an Anker power supply in the cigarette lighter.

Yes, almost 3 months ago in June I updated the firmware on both of my cams. I also got right of the integrated cigarette-lighter-to-mini-USB cable and replaced it with a dedicated USB to mini USB. I also put an Anker power supply in the cigarette lighter.

do you have the original power lead still?

This thread is about the settings being reset. Initially, I only noticed the time was wrong. I counted it to be ahead by 15 hours. I went into the settings and found that the GMT offset was at 10+, so I reset this to -8 for California/Pacific.
Use -7 hours for Pacific Daylight Time and -8 hours for Pacific Standard Time, unless dashcam auto-adjusts for daylight savings time which most do not.

As I mentioned in my other thread about the audio issues, I've narrowed that problem down to the USB power supply and/or the USB cable.

I think it's safe to conclude this has also been causing power stability issues, leading to the camera options being reset. The camera itself has held up well in the 3.5 years I've had it (daily use), other than becoming somewhat out of focus. My second cam is does not have the focus problem, and has not had power issues since it's still using the original power lead.

Back