settings for dr500 with hard wired power pro

done all that but seem to get a lot of files that say cannot play file and mjust checked and my last drive wouldnt play

Picture-2.png

This is where it gets interesting.

From reading other posts it seems you do this

Put SD card in computer

Open Blackvue folder

Click on Config to open folder then on 2nd line it should open in Notepad.

Click on EDIT on Taskbar

Go down to motion sensor and change value to 1 Mine was 40

Save and exit

Apparently that should fix it as well as you an

all that does is manually change it rather than go into the program and put the 5 for motion detection which you said to do

Do a full format of your card using SD Formatter and see what happens

Yes it does change it manually Isnt that what you want.

Do you need the picture in every post taking up extra space. Put it in as a avatar

i did sdformatter from day one mate

i changed it in blackvue veiwer

sorry about sig

will try again tomorrow.off to bed now got work.btw got mi witness in my truck at work and never had problems with that but didint wanna pay so much for 720 lol

Cards can corrupt for next to no reason so if it does reformat It using FULL format.

By changing it in the config file it gives more alternatives and lowers sensitivity apparently.

You will never get it down to a few feet anyway.

Should have bought 2 miwitness then

Formatted with full overwrite (bottom option) and my work bought the whole fleet the mi witness and I chose blackvue instead of mi witness cos it looked a lot better on paper and the spec was much better

Lol what setting for the parking so that nothing visually sets it off please
Can you explain this further, are you saying that in 'Park mode' moving objects in the view of the camera will make the camera start recording?

Last edited:
i think its because im on a busy road so will have to put up with that,thx tho

do you think its the card? its a 32gb sdhc https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291063494785 i also own this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291061277535 do you think i should use that? or maybe the pittasoft 16gb that came with it?

Well going on the fact that a GENUINE Brand name 32gb class 10 card is worth about $30 + I would say that that is a fake

There is an easy test Google H2testW1.4 and run that it takes about an hour but will prove one way or the other.

When verifying will start giving errors at about 7.9gb if its a fake. If you only want impact to set it off put a cover over the lens when parked.

Cant see the point of what you are trying to do as if someone damages your car surely you want visual evidence of it. Like them walking away.

I think I've mislead people I've just looked and my post says visually when it should of said virtually lol I only want things that are really close to set off the parking mode

If my cards are fake then I suppose I should use the pitasoft one that came with it or are they not very good?

Read my post Do the test get the answer.
If you turn down the motion detection you will get less movement and turn up the G sensors you will get any bumps.

However after someone has keyed your car don't you want to be able to see who did it as they move around it.

You aren't making much sense here.

I want to get close contact but not passing cars etc all I want to record is what you say someone damaging my car or hitting it just don't want casual passing of cars and will try that link you gave me to test card but do you think the pitasoft is sufficient anyway?

I want to get close contact but not passing cars etc all I want to record is what you say someone damaging my car or hitting it just don't want casual passing of cars and will try that link you gave me to test card but do you think the pitasoft is sufficient anyway?
Not necessarily Just do the test on them all and then you will know

32gb one

Warning: Only 31187 of 31188 MByte tested.
The media is likely to be defective.
3.7 GByte OK (7937920 sectors)
26.6 GByte DATA LOST (55933056 sectors)
Details:26.6 GByte overwritten (55933056 sectors)
0 KByte slightly changed (< 8 bit/sector, 0 sectors)
0 KByte corrupted (0 sectors)
15.0 MByte aliased memory (30800 sectors)
First error at offset: 0x00000000f13f8000
Expected: 0x00000000f13f8000
Found: 0x00000000f23f8000
H2testw version 1.3
Writing speed: 4.61 MByte/s
Reading speed: 10.9 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

Picturecc.png

ITS A FAKE Its a doctored 4gb Now do the rest of them

That's why your files are corrupted Plain and simple

Last edited:
pitasoft 16gb

Error writing file 'E:\4.h2w', offset 0x1d400000.
It is still possible to verify the test data written up to this point.
(The system cannot find the file specified. Code 2)
Warning: Only 15262 of 15263 MByte tested.
Writing speed: 13.0 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4
Picture-3.png

then it asks if i wanna scan and fix errors or continue without

Picture-4.png

pitasoft 16gb

Error writing file 'E:\4.h2w', offset 0x1d400000.
It is still possible to verify the test data written up to this point.
(The system cannot find the file specified. Code 2)
Warning: Only 15262 of 15263 MByte tested.
Writing speed: 13.0 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4
Picture-3.png

then it asks if i wanna scan and fix errors or continue without

Picture-4.png
Doesn't look too flash either I would run it again after it has fixed the errors and see what it says

The first card looks more like a 4 Gb that's been doctored

Back