Settings not saved

bl4ze

Reaction score
Country
Hungary
Guys,
I have an issue with my Thieye T5 Edge cam :
several settings are not saved, and they are getting turned off.

It really annoys me, and is very lame to check every time the setup, settings :(

Example :
Video settings - Image stabilization : always goes back to OFF :(
Camera settings - Distortion correction : always goes back to OFF :(

For me these 2 options are one of the most important, and my cam tends to "forget" these settings and reset to "OFF".
Any idea, any fix for this?
I am using FW from 20180720

Also very often camera goes bezerk and I can not turn off or turn on until I remove and put back in the battery.

I am not very satisfied with my ThiEye because of these annoying things :(

Any idea guys?
Thanks !
bl4ze

No, its not when I remove the battery. Thats a whole other issue.
Its when I simply turn off and on the camera: those 2 settings are lost most of the times :( Annoying as hell ! :(

Sounds like a hardware issue either way
Yeah, maybe.
I have contacted thieye support via e-mail. I will see what they say. I bought this via geekbuying.
I am very unsatisfied with these things : settings lost + cam often freezes or can not boot up unless I remove the battery and put back in :( :(

Assuming no firmware issues as it's not a common problem it would lean toward being a hardware issue, faulty RAM is a possible cause

Assuming no firmware issues as it's not a common problem it would lean toward being a hardware issue, faulty RAM is a possible cause
Yes, sounds like a logical reason to me. Losing settings is no fun :(

Yes, sounds like a logical reason to me. Losing settings is no fun :(
Have had similar issue with ThiEYE T5e and apparently was a common problem. Was usually after some kind of camera fault that can only be cleared by removing battery as you say you have to do. Settings were fine and stayed SET after powering off until I accidentally disconnected USB while connected to PC which crashed mine and camera would not save my settings.
Fixed by updating to latest firmware at the time. Suggest trying the latest firmware for T5 Edge here LINK

Have had similar issue with ThiEYE T5e and apparently was a common problem. Was usually after some kind of camera fault that can only be cleared by removing battery as you say you have to do. Settings were fine and stayed SET after powering off until I accidentally disconnected USB while connected to PC which crashed mine and camera would not save my settings.
Fixed by updating to latest firmware at the time. Suggest trying the latest firmware for T5 Edge here LINK
Thats not an option for me since I have the lastest fw installed and I still get those annoying errors. I emailed support (ThiEye) but no reply.
I am very unsatisfied with this.
I am running T5 Edge - TI_UN9-180720-V5.0 FW on my cam

I have received the following reply from ThiEye Support on my bug report :

"Good day , Thank you for purchasing THiEYE Action
Due to the limits of hardware, the Image stablization and Distortion Correction can not work at the same time. "

Now this is new and bad news, I never did read before such "hardware limitation" issue that you can not have image stab + distortion correction used together... :(

I have received the following reply from ThiEye Support on my bug report :

"Good day , Thank you for purchasing THiEYE Action
Due to the limits of hardware, the Image stablization and Distortion Correction can not work at the same time. "

Now this is new and bad news, I never did read before such "hardware limitation" issue that you can not have image stab + distortion correction used together... :(
At present most of these action cams will not do LDC (Lens Distortion Correction) and EIS (Electronic Image Stabilisation) at the same time due to limits with the size of the sensors used.

Seems so. If after re-loading latest firmware and still faulty, DDR3 memory may be at fault, bad PCB connection etc. Claim Warranty from Geekbuying.

At present most of these action cams will not do LDC (Lens Distortion Correction) and EIS (Electronic Image Stabilisation) at the same time due to limits with the size of the sensors used.
Good to know.
I was not aware of this, nobody told me so. It seems to me I can only use one of its option, most important to me is the LDC (Lens Distortion Correction). I will stick to that, then.

Good to know.
I was not aware of this, nobody told me so. It seems to me I can only use one of its option, most important to me is the LDC (Lens Distortion Correction). I will stick to that, then.
Yes it is assumed "everybody" knows "everything" LOL I have noticed very few YouTube reviews that mention you can only use one at a time from the reviews on cams that even mention LDC.

Yes it is assumed "everybody" knows "everything" LOL I have noticed very few YouTube reviews that mention you can only use one at a time from the reviews on cams that even mention LDC.
Yeah good to know.
Another weird thing I noticed is that I can not download the new FW from ThiEye support website.
There is a new FW out but when I type my S/N I only get to download the old 0720 firmware while a new one is out : T5 Edge - TI_UN9-180720-V5.0.zip

Yeah good to know.
Another weird thing I noticed is that I can not download the new FW from ThiEye support website.
There is a new FW out but when I type my S/N I only get to download the old 0720 firmware while a new one is out : T5 Edge - TI_UN9-180720-V5.0.zip
This is a worry. That seems to be last f/w update (TI_UN9-180720-V5.0) for the T5 EDGE standard version (S/N is date related).
I get a different version f/w (TI_UN9-181122-V5.0) for new T5 EDGE "LIVE" version cam. Apparently some added hardware so f/w not compatible and why you can't access the different f/w.
20/07/2018 is nearly 8 months since being upgraded and laest was 22/11/2018 for T5 EDGE "LIVE" :confused:

Back