Settings questions

Variman

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,

I have a few settings questions about the A129 Plus Duo. I am using a SanDisk High Endurance 256GB SD card. Are there any reasons why I shouldn't use the highest bit rate and WDR? Also, I read someplace that the Cam uses H.265. Is there anyplace to change this to h.264? I read someplace that some LE or insurance companies may not be able to decode H.265 yet. Thanks in advance.

did you check files, H.264 is normally the default and you have to enable H.265 if that's what you want

I do not see anyplace to enable H.264 or H.265 in the camera. I will check a file and see what they say.

Do I want to change it to h.265 or is h.264 more compatible? If I want to change, do you know how to get to the hidden menu?

Also, should I leave on the high bit rate and WDR considering I have a large, 256GB card?

Thank you for the information.

H265 generally does not give much advantage for dashcam video, on most VIOFO cameras it is turned on by long pressing the mute button while not recording.

I’ve not tested this camera, but on its predecessors WDR is better turned off.

Higher bitrates give better results for higher speeds, if you drive fast then go for maximum, otherwise what seems acceptable plus one step higher just in case.

Thanks, I tried pressing the mic mute for a long time and did not get another menu. I was not recording.

Thanks, I tried pressing the mic mute for a long time and did not get another menu. I was not recording.
No menu, just an extra icon on the screen, a white file like icon.

You dont get another menu, just a icon pop up on the screen telling it is in H.265 mode now.

I did not get a pop up. Perhaps I am doing it wrong. I am not recording and I press and hold the mic button?

The button all the way on the right as i recall, at least thats how it is on the T3 from Zenfox, the icon pop up on the R side of the LCD as i recall ( on the T3 at least (

I don't have a mute button. Here is what I have

Attachments

• Cam.jpg
    Cam.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 32
I think we need someone who has the camera and knows how to operate it!
As long as you have H264 then there is no need to worry, H265 does not give any great advantage.

Looks like there's no "mute" button on this series of cams from what I can see on Viofo's website. If there's no mention in the owner's manual (also not on Viofo's site) you can always try long-pressing various buttons to see what happens, but there is some risk to that, which might lead to needing the reflash the firmware. I doubt that it will 'brick' the camera but I don't know that!

Phil

Ill make a phone film of me changing to H.265 on my T3 camera, not that it in itself will make you wiser but i assume you can get a good look at how the H.265 icon look.

No i messed around with my memory, on the T3 i have to long press the MIC button to turn on H.265, and short press to mute / un mute the microphone, i guess viofo called that button mute before, but now its just MIC which i also think make more sense.

Reactions: Mtz
Thanks for the information. I will have a look tomorrow. If you are ever close to Miami I will buy you a beer or coffee!

Well i have for ages planned touring the US for some months, but the execution of that are totally down to the lotto gods, otherwise i am only able to afford the ticket back and forth and then maybe sleeping in a cardboard box for a few days.
And it have been 40 years since i slept on concrete, which was normal when i was a kid and started to drink, cuz better not comming home at all than comming home and be drunk, even if Danish parents let kids enjoy alcohol at a pretty young age, and probably also why they are some of the most alcohol consuming kids / teens in the world.

But Miami are on the list, for trying my fly fishing skills out on some exotic salt water fish.
+ I am a sucker for good / hot weather as long as i dont have to work in it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R A129 Plus / A129 Plus Duo 5
D A129 Plus / A129 Plus Duo 8
Back