Settings questions

I have a question about resolution. The highest resolution the front camera offers on is 1600P/30 X 1080P/30 when I use both cameras. I have the latest firmware. The manual states that 2560 X 1440P/30 should be available. Has anyone seen the option for 2560 X 1440P/30 when using both cameras?

No i messed around with my memory, on the T3 i have to long press the MIC button to turn on H.265, and short press to mute / un mute the microphone, i guess viofo called that button mute before, but now its just MIC which i also think make more sense.
This H.265 setting was reverted back to H.264 after reboot on my A129 Plus Duo with FW V1.0 (20200925).

Thanks, I am just going to leave it at H.264 so it is readable by anyone if needed. I would hate need the data and it cannot be read in native form and therefore not being able to be used as evidence. Perhaps in a few years I will revisit.

Has anyone seen the option for 2560 X 1440P/30 when using both cameras?

Thanks, I am just going to leave it at H.264 so it is readable by anyone if needed. I would hate need the data and it cannot be read in native form and therefore not being able to be used as evidence. Perhaps in a few years I will revisit.

Has anyone seen the option for 2560 X 1440P/30 when using both cameras?
I set it to 1440P60+1080P30 instead of 1600P30+1080P30.

Yes but the manual states that 2560 X 1440P/30 is available but I do not see that option on the camera's menu.

Yes if you change firmware you have to do all your settings again, including the file format.

Hi, I wanted to inquire regarding the possibility of keeping H.265 on all the time. I understand switching but not keeping it on all the time.

Hi, I wanted to inquire regarding the possibility of keeping H.265 on all the time. I understand switching but not keeping it on all the time.
It stays as you last set it, unless you reset to default settings or install new firmware.

It stays as you last set it, unless you reset to default settings or install new firmware.
I have 2 both with 16Gb emmc and it keeps turning off. Need to turn on everytime I start the car in both plus Dash Cams. No hardwired kit yet.

I have 2 both with 16Gb emmc and it keeps turning off. Need to turn on everytime I start the car in both plus Dash Cams. No hardwired kit yet.
Are you up to date on firmware? If so then it is a fault and should be reported to Viofo.
The other Viofo cameras remember what they are set to.

Are you up to date on firmware? If so then it is a fault and should be reported to Viofo.
The other Viofo cameras remember what they are set to.
Thanks again for the response. I am on a testing trip in one of the cars. Will see how it goes.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R A129 Plus / A129 Plus Duo 5
D A129 Plus / A129 Plus Duo 8
Back