Settings reset after 6 weeks of not using?

ninja27

Reaction score
Country
India
Hey everyone, I hadn't taken the car out in 6 weeks and today while reviewing clips after making a grocery run, I noticed that the front cam was recording in 1080p instead of the usual 4k.

The odd thing however is that other settings like Format Reminder, GPS info/Text overlay were exactly like I left them. I doubled check some saved clips from 6 weeks ago and it was defitinely set to 4k.

So I was wondering if the camera settings get reset or something after some time of non-use. Have any of you noticed something like this?

The RTC battery in a dashcam only hold a charge for so long but it was my understanding that little battery are only in charge of saving the time / date and not the camera settings too.

My car only sit idle for 2 days at worst, this corona stuff it is normal world to me aside the things others have done to make my world worse, like having to wear a mask and some shops closed.
I actually think my driving habit have gone up during corona, but thats probably just timing with my mother getting older and more sick, it use to be fine with me visiting her every week or two, but now it is every 2 - 3 days i have to drive the 34 KM to her place.

The car's not my daily driver, so it will sit idle for a week or two usually. Maximum a month in rare cases. In such instances, I've noticed my older A119 v2 lose track of time until the GPS locks. But it never reset the resolution down to 1080p.

I think this time is the longest it sat idle, as I started my personal lockdown 2 weeks before the official one.

Take care of your mom and stay safe!

Yes, all of the clips from today, with or without 'P' in the filename were in 1080p.

I checked the camera settings as well, and sure enough it had 1080p selected.

Back