SFB driver could have killed some one ...

old4570

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Front: 70MAI , Ausdom A261, Mini 0826 , Rear: A118c

I still think Covid 19 is causing brain damage ...
Or were Australians always so Fn stupid on the road ? ( Dont remember drivers being such massive douche bags )

I still think Covid 19 is causing brain damage ...
Or were Australians always so Fn stupid on the road ? ( Dont remember drivers being such massive douche bags )
I don't think that is tied particularly to Australians. Yo se that almost everywhere and way too many caused by people distracted with their phones thinking they have the ultimate multitasking level. I see people driving and texting almost every time I'm out on the road.

My wife's driving scares the hell out of me, she just can't seem to be able to leave her phone alone. I get onto her about it and one of the two responses she tells me is she is good at multitasking. Her other response is "I'm not the one who keeps getting into accidents".

Strange to see a large vehicle without anti lock brakes, presumably the driver didn't know how to use non-anti-lock brakes, he kept them locked up instead of manually releasing them, although in the end that saved an accident by keeping the vehicle in lane instead of a head on collision on the other side.

It is my firm belief that driving here are getting worse, while i had the market more or less cornered in the 90ties, many now seem to drive like i did back then ( with total disregard for other people )
I am also blaming the influx of people from exotic cultures, cuz it is very often those guys i see driving like a ass, even if they have grown up in this country and gotten a Danish driving license.
And as it is with good and bad too, it spill over, but it still baffle me the politicians here say we must be glad of the cultural enrichment we are getting, totally ignoring the cultural downside though it is very much present in official statistics, but that is pretty much just ignored,,,,,, assuming it is a price they very well knew there was to pay, and they are willing to pay.

Right where the incident occurred
1) It's 3 lanes in one direction
2) The truck changes lanes when locked up
3) Lucky the truck must have been empty , or it may have flipped over

When empty , the weight balance is forward .. Bit like a empty VAN ..
If you have ever stomped on the breaks hard in a empty one ton van , they can lift the rear wheels off the ground .. ABS dont work when the rear wheels no longer make decent contact . ( Been there done that )

Strange to see a large vehicle without anti lock brakes, presumably the driver didn't know how to use non-anti-lock brakes, he kept them locked up instead of manually releasing them, although in the end that saved an accident by keeping the vehicle in lane instead of a head on collision on the other side.

To be honest in that sort of situation the last thing that you’d think of doing is pumping the brakes.

Empty vans and pick-ups like to swap ends when braking heavily. ABS helps but never covers for your driving practices good or bad.

Phil

To be honest in that sort of situation the last thing that you’d think of doing is pumping the brakes.
Pumping the brakes would not have solved the problem, but releasing them while changing lanes would have. ABS will do that for you, especially with stability control, but it is easy enough to do manually, a little practice on a skid pan and your brain will do it automatically.

I just loved to drift my 2.5L turbo diesel Mitsubishi pickup, with RWD only hanging the rear out was easy, i have seen many eyes go as large as teacups when i have put the pickup sideways with the handbrake to make a left turn in a intersection ( at very - very slow speeds on snow )
But apparently the sight of the side of a ext cab pickup are much more frighting than the front of it, even if i had one of those "boy bull bars" on the front.

I just loved to drift my 2.5L turbo diesel Mitsubishi pickup, with RWD only hanging the rear out was easy, i have seen many eyes go as large as teacups when i have put the pickup sideways with the handbrake to make a left turn in a intersection ( at very - very slow speeds on snow )
But apparently the sight of the side of a ext cab pickup are much more frighting than the front of it, even if i had one of those "boy bull bars" on the front.
The truck in the OP would probably be fun in the snow, but not very controllable with that huge overhang at the back, but I don't think they have much snow there!

Back