SG Dashcam viewer problems

Cliffo4

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi All
I am using the SG9663DC Pro Dual Camera Dash Cam.
The last A & B files recorded when I turn off the motor and remove the micro sd card are corrupt.
I am using a hardwire kit for for parking mode.
What am I doing wrong?
Should I turn off the dashcam before removing the micro sd card?
Cliffo4

yes you should always turn the camera off before removing the card, it is not hot swappable, you can damage the camera or the memory card doing that, when hardwired it can only be turned off after it enters parking mode, press the REC button to stop recording, then press and hold the power button until the camera turns off, then remove the memory card

O yeah thats right a issue i dident think over before, if you use parking mode the camera are so to say on all the time so you must use the button to turn it off before removing memory card.
Another camera i am testing negate this on its own as you can not remove the memory card without sliding the power button down to off, but really i dident even think about that before just now.

O yeah thats right a issue i dident think over before, if you use parking mode the camera are so to say on all the time so you must use the button to turn it off before removing memory card.
Another camera i am testing negate this on its own as you can not remove the memory card without sliding the power button down to off, but really i dident even think about that before just now.
I have a hard wired install also (3 wire) and found you can't turn the camera off with the engine running. Seems the camera wants to start recording soon as the key is turned on so when camera is turned off with the engine running, the camera just restarts immediately. Turn off the key first.

Back