SG intermittently locks after boot

njtechteen

Reaction score
Country
United States
My sister gave me her SG to try and fix. Intermittently, after power-on the unit will lock up. The unit will not respond to any key presses (although the unit will turn off if the power button is held), it will not record, and while the camera stays active, it appears the iris becomes unresponsive as while the image on the screen will change, the white balance is stuck and does not change, washing out most of the image (see attached). The time on the unit does not change as well when this issue occurs. I have tried multiple sd cards, and have upgraded the firmware (last version I put on there was SG20161216.V1). There isn’t anything I can do to ‘force’ it to have the issue, it seems to just come and go. When it does occur, it seems like it occurs repeatedly until the unit is left sitting unplugged for a few hours. It does it whether the unit is hot or cold. Is there anything I can do?

Attachments

• 20170714_090637.jpg
    20170714_090637.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 20170714_090701.jpg
    20170714_090701.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 16
Is this from 2014/2015? (GC V1 I see) What's the serial number off the back? Did you reset settings to factory default after the firmware update? Can you try a different power supply? (which one are you using now?)
Could be some one off defect. (don't recall seeing this one before)

Yes, it was purchased August 2015 from Amazon (Pier28). SN SGGC15300046. I believe I reset the settings to factory after the update, I will try that. I've tried different power supplies with no change. My sister was using the adapter that came with the camera, I tried both that one and a USB hub.

I'll need you to try a different firmware which I don't have with me right now, if it still has a problem we'll work out some warranty/upgrade options for you, just might need a few days to sort things out

I like that support system on your website. Not from experience, just an observation.
We're looking at updating it but have just had more important things to do before we can get to it, current version works but has some limitations which we'd like to address

We're looking at updating it but have just had more important things to do before we can get to it, current version works but has some limitations which we'd like to address
Nice approach as a customer feels more involved in the process.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Feitelijk SG9665GC 14
B SG9665GC 23
Bensawsome SG9665GC 5
V SG9665GC 7
Back