SG9663DC beeping

Captain

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a 3G9663DC. It started beeping a series of 3 beeps. It says, "please format the TF card" and "All data will be deleted" with cancel highlighted and then ok. What do I do?

jokiin

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
there will be some sort of card issue, what make and model is the card?

how long since it was last formatted?

have you check the card in a computer?

OP
C

Captain

Reaction score
Country
United States
I will have to take the card out to see right? formatted a long time ago. have not checked in computer. nothing on the card I want to save, so can I delete and format? How?

jokiin

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
did you format the card in the camera as prompted on the display?

even if that gets it working I would suggest checking the card in the computer, getting that message at random is generally indicative of a card problem

OP
C

Captain

Reaction score
Country
United States
No, how do I format it?

jokiin

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
No, how do I format it?
follow the on screen prompts, mic button will move from Cancel to Ok, press the emergency/ok button to format

@Street Guardian USA can arrange a phone call if you need help to talk you through it

OP
C

Captain

Reaction score
Country
United States
I did that but it won't format

kamkar1

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
Okay then the care are probably dead, as i recall its not all that long since you got the camera.
If you register online SG have 2 year warranty, otherwise just the normal 1 year,,,, this go for the memory card too if you got a bundle from them.

kamkar1

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
im leaving for my drive now, going to my fav gas station to see if any cute little girls are working, more light there so i will make you a video.

Street Guardian USA

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
StreetGuardian.CAM Amazon.com
It sounds like the card is in a stuck state. Plug the card into your computer via usb card reader. Use the free “SD Formatter” app and select the “over write” option.

Format card in-camera after that.

if that doesn’t work contact me with your details for card replacement under warranty.

kamkar1

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
Okay i have a couple of videos for you Captain.

First off the format memory card popup, i force it with a broken card and sure enough it pop up i select format, and it pop up again.
The video are a bit blurry as i was too close with the fixed focus camera, but you get it i am sure.

As street guardian USA say above you can try and "reset" the memory card with the SD formatter tool, it can some times fix the problem, so i also whipped a video together for you about how to download it / install it, and also use it.
I used a old 4GB memory card for the test as it is a fairly slow procedure, if you do the same on a larger memory card, you will have pelnty time to take a bath - eat a meal and watch a little TV before it is done.

kamkar1

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
Just ran SD formatter on my broken U2 PNY card, and it ran without a hickup, but the card still do not work in any camera.

jokiin

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
All this is confusing. I was hoping for a video of the cute girls at the gas station. Tell me again what to do, and pretend you are talking to a child.
might be easier to talk you through it over the phone, let @Street Guardian USA know if you would like to arrange a support call

OP
C

Captain

Reaction score
Country
United States
maybe I should just buy a new card and be done with it.

OP
C

Captain

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think I bought the card separately I can't remember

Street Guardian USA

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
StreetGuardian.CAM Amazon.com
If that’s the case you should be able to get it replaced under warranty direct from the memory card manufacturer.

OP
C

Captain

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't know where to buy a card but will find out locally I don't care to spend a little money for one. Why do you have more than one camera?

kamkar1

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
Memory cards i always buy in a local B&M store, or from Amazon UK or DE ( Denmark too small to have a Amazon store but i think we will be getting a data centre )
Maybe someone should drop recommended brands and models so Captain know what to look for if he go shopping.

At least you got some out of that memory card, i have tried 2 times and mind you with very expensive high end cards, well the one i dident get to fill just 1 time, the other dident make it to 2 cycles.
But it is what it is, and that's why it is so important to buy in a place where you stand a good chance of getting good service.
And mind you those two quick to die memory cards, well those are just a few of the many many memory cards i have or have used, so nothing alarming in that.

Last edited:
OP
C

Captain

Reaction score
Country
United States
How many cameras do you have in your car? Why so many?