SG9663DC beeping

What is B&M? We have Best Buy and Walmart, and Walgreens, I think all have cards. Is SanDisk good? how many GB?

The card I have is SanDisk Ultra 64GB A1 It is half grey and half red, I think I bought it with the adapter which I'm using now to look on my laptop, from Walmart.

I have many cameras as i help test new models, for a few brands, among those Street Guardian.
So i can have upwards of 10 cameras in my car some times, but at the moment i only have 6 cameras ( 2 dual channel systems front/rear & Left/right ) and then the Guardtrak in the video and my long range mobius maxi on the very far right which can also shortly be seen in my video above.

From a liability perspective so many cameras are of course a waste of money, really a single front facing camera should cover that, but if you like me like to expose idiots in traffic on youtube, well then you cant really have too many cameras, so i am fortunate some people send cameras to me now and then.
Not least as a retired Dane on a pension i would not be able to afford buying all those cameras, at least not without putting some of my other hobbies on pause.

When I put the card in the adapter, and then into the computer...nothing happens!

B&M are short for Brick and Mortar, so internet short for a physical shop.
The A1 Sandisk card should be fine, so you have been unlucky with yours,,,,, i am not quite sure if it have warranty on it for use in dashcams.
Many regular memory cards don't cover dashcam use as they say its a extra hostile environment,,, and so it is. But nowadays you can get so called endurance memory cards, these are specially made for use in CCTV cameras and dashcams so they will have warranty for that kind of use, at least for 2 years which i think are the minimum offered by any of the brands.

In the previous years most of us have just used the regular memory cards, and often gotten a good long service out of those, and we did so cuz the endurance cards use to carry a hefty premium.
But this have now changed for the endurance cards, so they don't carry a premium price or maybe just a little one, i would for sure only go for a endurance SD card if i was to go buy one today.

Most if not all of the major memory card brands have one or more endurance model, Sandisks endurance card as i recall are white with black and a little gold writing on them.

When I put the card in the adapter, and then into the computer...nothing happens!

Thats funny, normally you can always read files on the memory card, in many cases a memory card with a problem will go into read only mode, but as that say you should at least be able to read the files on the card.

As i understand it you use a adapter ( micro SD to regular SD ) and plug that into the SD reader in your laptop ( my sisters laptop have the same option )
And that should be just fine too.

After putting in the brand new card, it's doing the same thing!

I put the same card I used before...SanDisk Ultra A1 64GB..it won't let me format it, it's doing what the old card was doing.

I got it working. Is it supposed to record with the key turned off?

Sound like you have gotten parking mode turned on, you can disable that in the menus but @jokiin will have to tell what those menu items are called cuz i always skip right over those as i have not yet used parking mode on a SG camera.

With the SG cameras i think you have a timer ( for how long you want parking guard on ) or if you dont use that timer it will record for as long as it can before the low voltage cut off are reached ( low voltage cut off ) you set using a little switch on the box that are on the hardwire kit, as i recall the options are 12.4 - 12.2 - 12.0 and 11.8 volts ( i would use 12.4 or 12.2 volts )
for how long parking mode will run without a timer set depend of the cut off voltage set and the state of your battery in the car.

I can also make a video of those parking guard related menu items in the DC, but then i got to go get the camera in my car.

Last night before I went to bed, the record light was blinking, then in the morning it was not blinking and the car started fine. I think I set that on the hardwire kit before. I don't know how long it was before it cut off, but since it seems to not be a problem, I should be good to go right? So it looks like parking mode works for a little while then shuts off which is fine with me. Correct me if I'm wrong.

if you look at the parking mode recordings on the memory card, you can see by the time stamp or file name when it stopped recording and so calculate for how long you have parking mode with the current settings in the camera.

I am going for a drive in a little while, so will try and remember to bring my DC from the car, so i can make a video for you explaining the menu items related to the parking mode.
Though i might not be able to do / demo it all as i will be powering my DC off a charger here on my computer table and not a hard wire kit.

Sorry i forgit to tell you about the new memory card needing to be formatted in the camera too, but this is quite normal when you put a new memory card in a devise.

looking forward to hearing from you. guess you had to drive down to the gas station and check on the cuties!

Back