SG9663DC beeping

Captain

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a 3G9663DC. It started beeping a series of 3 beeps. It says, "please format the TF card" and "All data will be deleted" with cancel highlighted and then ok. What do I do?

there will be some sort of card issue, what make and model is the card?

how long since it was last formatted?

have you check the card in a computer?

I will have to take the card out to see right? formatted a long time ago. have not checked in computer. nothing on the card I want to save, so can I delete and format? How?

did you format the card in the camera as prompted on the display?

even if that gets it working I would suggest checking the card in the computer, getting that message at random is generally indicative of a card problem

No, how do I format it?

No, how do I format it?
follow the on screen prompts, mic button will move from Cancel to Ok, press the emergency/ok button to format

@Street Guardian USA can arrange a phone call if you need help to talk you through it

I did that but it won't format

Okay then the care are probably dead, as i recall its not all that long since you got the camera.
If you register online SG have 2 year warranty, otherwise just the normal 1 year,,,, this go for the memory card too if you got a bundle from them.

im leaving for my drive now, going to my fav gas station to see if any cute little girls are working, more light there so i will make you a video.

It sounds like the card is in a stuck state. Plug the card into your computer via usb card reader. Use the free “SD Formatter” app and select the “over write” option.

Format card in-camera after that.

if that doesn’t work contact me with your details for card replacement under warranty.

Okay i have a couple of videos for you Captain.

First off the format memory card popup, i force it with a broken card and sure enough it pop up i select format, and it pop up again.
The video are a bit blurry as i was too close with the fixed focus camera, but you get it i am sure.

As street guardian USA say above you can try and "reset" the memory card with the SD formatter tool, it can some times fix the problem, so i also whipped a video together for you about how to download it / install it, and also use it.
I used a old 4GB memory card for the test as it is a fairly slow procedure, if you do the same on a larger memory card, you will have pelnty time to take a bath - eat a meal and watch a little TV before it is done.

Just ran SD formatter on my broken U2 PNY card, and it ran without a hickup, but the card still do not work in any camera.

All this is confusing. I was hoping for a video of the cute girls at the gas station. Tell me again what to do, and pretend you are talking to a child.
might be easier to talk you through it over the phone, let @Street Guardian USA know if you would like to arrange a support call

maybe I should just buy a new card and be done with it.

I think I bought the card separately I can't remember

If that’s the case you should be able to get it replaced under warranty direct from the memory card manufacturer.

I don't know where to buy a card but will find out locally I don't care to spend a little money for one. Why do you have more than one camera?

Memory cards i always buy in a local B&M store, or from Amazon UK or DE ( Denmark too small to have a Amazon store but i think we will be getting a data centre )
Maybe someone should drop recommended brands and models so Captain know what to look for if he go shopping.

At least you got some out of that memory card, i have tried 2 times and mind you with very expensive high end cards, well the one i dident get to fill just 1 time, the other dident make it to 2 cycles.
But it is what it is, and that's why it is so important to buy in a place where you stand a good chance of getting good service.
And mind you those two quick to die memory cards, well those are just a few of the many many memory cards i have or have used, so nothing alarming in that.

Last edited:
How many cameras do you have in your car? Why so many?

Back