SG9663DC beeping

Thanks kamkar! the least time on my shutdown timer is 2 hours, but that's fine. Like you I'm not using parking mode. what about firmware version?

At 2:38 i go to firmware version in my video it is one of the last menu items, i am on 1.49 which i think are the newest one.
It can be downloaded here. http://bit.ly/SG9663DCfirmwareV1-49

when I click on that link, nothing happens. is the firmware I have already ok? I don't know how to download it to my camera

You are probably okay, what version do your camera say ?

This is how to update firmware from the text document that come with it.
The firmware come as a ZIP file ( zip mean it is compressed to save space ) so first you have to "unzip" or extract the file.

• Extract the zipped firmware file downloaded from our website
• Delete any files from the memory card
• Copy the firmware SG9663DC.bin file to the empty memory card (linux users rename file to SG9663DC.BIN)
• Insert the card to camera
• Connect to power (do not disconnect power at any time during update process)
• Camera will power on, screen will remain blank while updating
• Once update has finished camera will startup as per normal
• Stop any active recording
• Enter settings menu and format the memory card
• Enter settings menu and reset default settings
• Any personalised settings will then need to be re-entered
• If using GPS ensure time is synced before use, (format the memory card again after the time has synced)
• Process is complete

It says, SG 20180726_V1.32 If it's working, that's all that matters, right?

It says, SG 20180726_V1.32 If it's working, that's all that matters, right?

you should definitely update, there are a lot of changes and bugfixes since then, update here http://bit.ly/SG9663DCfirmwareV1-49 instructions are included with the download

list of changes since your version as below

Street Guardian SG9663DC (SG9663DC.bin)
Firmware bin file MD5 values can be verified using WinMD5Free, download from http://www.winmd5.com/
/************************************************************************************************
Date:2019-10-22
Ver: SG20191022_V1.49 (Release update 6)
SG9663DC.bin MD5 checksum cff551a36d9ef3d123058497114b9b23
/************************************************************************************************

01. Bugfix - Auto restart process after manual restart
02. Bugfix - Manual power on process

03. Delete - Short press MENU button while recording to take a photo
04. Delete - WiFi menu setting (short press power button while screen is on to enable/disable WiFi)

05. Add - Long press the MENU button while screen is on to pause recording and enter menu
06. Add - Configuration changes to suit mobile Street Guardian APP

07. Change - Modify the boot delay process
08. Change - Modify the WiFi function while in standby (beep while no active connection)
09. Change - Modifications to suit iOS and Android apps
10. Change - Adjustments to Parking Monitor to suit APP
11. Change - WiFi improvement
12. Change - Adjustments to WiFi

13. Adjust - Change the power on and power on delay logic
14. Adjust - Menu display icons

Date:2019-03-15
Ver: SG20190315_V1.39 (Release update 5)
SG9663DC.bin MD5 checksum 109bdefc2fd7661578fb3e2d14ed0aa4

01. Adjust - Update display icon for low bitrate 30fps parking mode option
02. Adjust - Update parking mode G-Sensor values

03. Add - Low bitrate 30fps parking mode option
04. Add - Parking mode G-Sensor option

06. Adjust - Timezone settings
07. Adjust - SSID default value
08. Adjust - Russian menu translation corrections
09. Adjust - Default system date

Date:2018-10-26
Ver: SG20181026_V1.35 (Release update 4)
SG9663DC.bin MD5 checksum b418ba24c71a9d3a02ab1baf8ad82336

01. Bugfix - Emegency icon not clearing in parking monitoring mode
02. Bugfix - Recycle function in timelapse mode

03. Adjust - WiFi mode - "Press Select to Disconnect" corrected to "Press Power to Disconnect"
04. Adjust - Russian menu - AutoRestart menu error corrections
05. Adjust - The GPS signal icon has been updated RED icon = No Signal, GREEN icon = Signal
06. Adjust - MIC icon has been updated RED icon = MIC off, GREEN icon = MIC on
07. Adjust - Add audible alerts to more card fault categories
08. Adjust - Relocate GPS icon to top toolbar for better visibility

09. Add - Additional fields added to service mode setup process

Date:2018-09-01
Ver: SG20180901_V1.33 (Release update 3)

01. Bugfix - Mode change problem during parking mode
02. Bugfix - Improve cold start process

03. Add - Additional options to countdown timer menu

04. Change - Add input power menu option for 2 Wire (default) for cig power, or 3 Wire power for SGDCHW
05. Change - Adjust logic when changing from normal mode to parking mode for 3 Wire power input
06. Change - Data connection properties
07. Change - File structure for Street Guardian Dashcam Viewer playback software

Street Guardian Dashcam Viewer for Windows http://bit.ly/SGviewerWIN64

Street Guardian Dashcam Viewer for Mac http://bit.ly/SGviewerMAC

Street Guardian Dashcam Viewer user manual http://bit.ly/SGviewerManual

I have a video uploading on how to DL and update, but i don't know captain said the link to the 1.49 file in the beta thread dident work earlier.
But it work just fine for me.

Download link works for me.

Here is the main download url that bit ly redirects to

I can understand the last part after you insert the card in the camera, but the first part is not clear. Do I take my card and put it in the adapter, and into my computer to download to the card?

Last edited:
card put into adaptor, put into pc, unzip the firmware file and copy the .bin file to the root of the card, eject card, put in camera, start camera up and wait a minute or two for it to start up.

Im sorry i was not able to takl you thru that part, i gave my friend my headset a little while ago so i dont have a microphone for my computer, the only sound i have are also the weak speakers in my monitor.

The video is not good too. I just wanted to know how to download. Wozzzza told me. Do you ever drive to the shore? A video would be nice.

Last edited:
Please talk me through what to do step by step after I put the card in the computer...how to unzip firmware file then copy etc... what to click on...

right click on the zip file, extract all, copy the firmware bin file to your empty memory card, put the card in the camera and power it on, firmware update will run

How do I empty/delete my memory card? When I put it in it shows short video clips...

just highlight all the files on the card (CTRL + A if you're a Windows user will select all files on the card) and then hit the Delete key

I think I finally did it. Just to make sure, when I scroll down in the menu to format, what do I click on to format it, just the record button??

I did that. I scrolled down to format and hit the emergency button. The blue highlighted format didn't move. It started recording. Is that it? How do I know it's formated? And will I have to format it again down the road??

Back