SG9663DC beta firmware

depends which version you're on now but yes a lot of the recent changes are related to testing we've been doing with the 3 wire cable, that said though having people use this version while still using the 2 wire cable is still helpful just in case there is some problem we're not aware of, things can slip through the cracks sometimes

once we have some of the first trial production 3 wire cables ready we'll be offering them out to people that may want to help field test

Okey doke. I'm willing to be a tester if you like.

In the meantime, I'll do the update and see if it causes anything to blow up.

Richard

By the way, I wanted to continue to promote the following. (since we had some recent card talk on this thread)

I think the days of saying to avoid Sandisk Ultra cards are finally over.

The new A1 series SanDisk Ultra is 667x and they are proving to be great. We've been testing awhile and so far so good. (Overseas engineers have some too)

Just avoid the older non-A1 stamped Ultra cards. (with the suspect controller)

I made a Reddit post as well:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B073JYVKNX

1525899560429-png.37986

By the way, I wanted to continue to promote the following. (since we had some recent card talk on this thread)

I think the days of saying to avoid Sandisk Ultra cards are finally over.

The new A1 series SanDisk Ultra is 667x and they are proving to be great. We've been testing awhile and so far so good. (Overseas engineers have some too)

Just avoid the older non-A1 stamped Ultra cards. (with the suspect controller)

I made a Reddit post as well:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B073JYVKNX

1525899560429-png.37986

Good to know.

Sam's Club sells SanDisk cards on the cheap, but I don't know whether they have the "A1" cards yet. I'll check Saturday morning when I go if I remember.

Richard

I've been running the 256GB A1 cards for the past few months now, will be testing the 400GB A1 cards soon

Whats the temperature range of this A1 card? Is this comparable to the high endurance card from Samsung?

Must take a while to fill that sucker up, even with 2 channels :giggle:

With my level of driving it still take me about 2 weeks to fill a 128Gb card, but i dont drive as much as normal people do.

Price also okay on Amazon.uk :cool: just hurt my foot like a SOB kicking the bottom side of my computer table in frustration what ever money i borrow are earmarked for computer.

Good thing = these things tend to get cheaper,,,,,, i hope.
That price i have paid for cheap 128 GB cards, so yeah damn good indeed, the cheapest DK prize for the 256Gb card are 47 USD over the Amazon.uk price o_O clearly not planning on selling any cards here it seem.

NO forget what i wrote im reading USD where i should read GBP, so actually the card are only 100 DKkr cheaper on the UK Amazon.

Last edited:
What camera did you have before ?
I have taken a look at a few of the videos and to me they dont look out of focus, but if you come from a camera like a did before with high in camera sharpening ( lukas ) then going to a camera that dont use sharpening and so have a softer image do take some getting used to.

There are untouched , I only cut some parts. Can you confirm / infirm that are on focus ? I think that are out of focus and no sharp enough. Same situation with all type of focus settings (all image/spot/center) or other firmware. Thanks.

Hello, I see you're in Romania
@niko handles Street Guardian sales/support in the EU/EEA and can take care of you if there is an issue that needs to be taken care of.
If they are untouched why are they .MKV?

Hello, I see you're in Romania
@niko handles Street Guardian sales/support in the EU/EEA and can take care of you if there is an issue that needs to be taken care of.
If they are untouched why are they .MKV?

I will be able to download and view on PC tomorrow.

@Street Guardian USA
I'am using this firmware, here are some samples of my test videos : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1AIVpfkbaSBca0ZPe3CJ4urXi4ou0USRV

There are untouched , I only cut some parts. Can you confirm / infirm that are on focus ? I think that are out of focus and no sharp enough. Same situation with all type of focus settings (all image/spot/center) or other firmware. Thanks.

It is very hard to judge video that are made in cloudy or dark weather and bypassing trees/shadows.
To do a proper focus test:
1. do it in nice sunny weather
2. find the place (building) with horizontal and vertical reference lines, an ideal is the brick-wall building.
3. Park your car opposite that building and record video.

... something like the sample below.

SG9663DC FOCUS Test.jpg

Back