SG9663DC boot chime loop

danamania

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I have an issue with my SG9663DC - bought it in January this year, and it lasted a month to the day before it began boot looping.

When I start the car (It's installed in an Australian 2001 AU Falcon), it lights up the Rec button like normal when it boots, then flashes the Street Guardian logo and chimes - then just continues to chime in a loop over and over.

It never begins recording.

I've tried resetting through the reset button on the side, and tried booting with nothing connected (no GPS, no second camera) only power, and it still does the same. I've tried connecting it to another vehicle and it also does the same.

It loops like this whether the SD card is inserted or not, too.

I've recorded a short video I've attached too. Hope it plays.

Any thoughts?

What memory card do you use?
What firmware version your DC has?

The memory card is the one that came with it - it’s out in the car at the moment and it’s almost midnight here :). It’s a 64gb, and from memory a sandisk.

Unfortunately I have no way of checking the firmware as it doesn’t boot to a point where it can display that.

The memory card is the one that came with it - it’s out in the car at the moment and it’s almost midnight here :). It’s a 64gb, and from memory a sandisk.

Unfortunately I have no way of checking the firmware as it doesn’t boot to a point where it can display that.
Not sure if it's the SanDisk card, maybe Transcend?
Where did you bought DC from?
Did you format card inside unit?
Remove memory card, then you should be able to access the menu and see FW version.
Try to Format card inside your PC and then format inside unit.

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

That’s odd, what power supply are you using? Included or 3rd party?

Try updating the firmware to 1.18 to see if that refreshes things.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/sg9663dc-beta-firmware.33142/

If you still can’t get the main camera to boot up with nothing else plugged in and memory card ejected I’d contact your seller for replacement. (First problem like this, but anything is possible when it comes to electronics from time to time)

(White) Sandisk High Endurance Cards are ok but avoid Sandisk Ultra Cards.

Last edited:
I have an issue with my SG9663DC - bought it in January this year, and it lasted a month to the day before it began boot looping.

When I start the car (It's installed in an Australian 2001 AU Falcon), it lights up the Rec button like normal when it boots, then flashes the Street Guardian logo and chimes - then just continues to chime in a loop over and over.

It never begins recording.

I've tried resetting through the reset button on the side, and tried booting with nothing connected (no GPS, no second camera) only power, and it still does the same. I've tried connecting it to another vehicle and it also does the same.

It loops like this whether the SD card is inserted or not, too.

I've recorded a short video I've attached too. Hope it plays.

Any thoughts?

where did you buy from and where are you located?

Hurrah, my cam is back up and going!

niko: you're correct, it's a Transcend. Either way, with the card in or out it would cycle the chimes like in the video. I did format the card, and had the same result with it re-inserted.

SGUSA: The firmware update did the trick. Looks like the device hunts for firmware on a card before going into the unresponsive chime cycle. It read the firmware, flickered REC for a minute, then booted just fine. It recorded video on the card OK and a couple of car-start cycles later still works.

jokiin: I bought this one from dashcamowners australia, and I'm in NSW, Australia.

In the absence of this issue being seen before, my guess is a little corruption of the firmware (a bug? EMF or plain old cosmic rays or bad luck) made a mess of things, and re-writing it fixed.

Thanks for the help, folks!

ok good to know you're up and running but if you have any further issues don't hesitate to get in touch

Back