SG9663DC & DCPRO: Wi-Fi Feature Now Supported

Hello, glad to have found this site.

Will the viewers eventually work with the SGGCX2PRO and SGGCX2PRO+?
Which viewers are you interested in? Dash Cam Viewer works well with both.

Hello, glad to have found this site.

Will the viewers eventually work with the SGGCX2PRO and SGGCX2PRO+?
the X2PRO and X2PRO+ don't have wifi, the phone apps are only for the models with wifi, currently the DC and DCPRO, 3 more models coming this year that will have wifi also

DOH sm.jpg

Didn't even think about WiFi viewing since I don't use it.

We're from the future where it's 2020 already [emoji14]
Yep, I know. You have to wait 365 days for the new products coming out next year, I only have to wait a bit over 3 hours. ;)

Hello, i bought a new DCPRO and the wifi option is not available in the menu...any sugestions ?

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Hello, i bought a new DCPRO and the wifi option is not available in the menu...any sugestions ?

Activating WiFi is no longer done in the settings menu. It’s easier now on the latest firmware.

With the camera on and recording, short press the power button while the LCD display is on.
The camera will display that WiFi is now activated, and will begin to beep – this is normal behaviour. The camera beeps anytime it's not recording or you're accessing the menus, it does this intentionally to let you know it's not recording
The camera will display a WiFi SSID (Network Name) and the default password, which is 12345678. The SSID will look something like this SG9663DC fgceee8ea71wb2356ab56 and is different on every camera.
Open your WiFi settings on your mobile device, and find the SSID in the list of available WiFi networks. In our example, you would look for and connect to SG9663DC fgceee8ea71wb2356ab56.
Select the SSID and connect, when prompted enter the default password 12345678
Once connected, you may see a message advising that no internet is available on this network, if so, accept or agree to this, as the camera does not provide internet access. We are only creating a Peer to Peer WiFi connection.
Once you confirm that the WiFi connection has been established, you can then launch the Mobile App and you should then have access to your camera and its settings from the App.

Activating WiFi is no longer done in the settings menu. It’s easier now on the latest firmware.

With the camera on and recording, short press the power button while the LCD display is on.
The camera will display that WiFi is now activated, and will begin to beep – this is normal behaviour. The camera beeps anytime it's not recording or you're accessing the menus, it does this intentionally to let you know it's not recording
The camera will display a WiFi SSID (Network Name) and the default password, which is 12345678. The SSID will look something like this SG9663DC fgceee8ea71wb2356ab56 and is different on every camera.
Open your WiFi settings on your mobile device, and find the SSID in the list of available WiFi networks. In our example, you would look for and connect to SG9663DC fgceee8ea71wb2356ab56.
Select the SSID and connect, when prompted enter the default password 12345678
Once connected, you may see a message advising that no internet is available on this network, if so, accept or agree to this, as the camera does not provide internet access. We are only creating a Peer to Peer WiFi connection.
Once you confirm that the WiFi connection has been established, you can then launch the Mobile App and you should then have access to your camera and its settings from the App.
Thanks for the prompt answer, i will try this tomorrow.

could be an idea for future if possible.

Not a speed you would want for bulk file transfers, i assume that's why SG even provide a little USB / OTG card reader with the WIFI cameras.
But a single file now and then will be okay, but then again i would not share anything with anyone at the site of anything, so personally i only see wifi as a mean to do settings changes on a larger phone screen, and my tired old eyes appreciate that.
And even if a Boeing 737 just emergency landed on the freeway in front of you, that upload can wait until you get home, as you have a dashcam you will have the better footage VS the people that whip out phones when the action are more or less over.

Not a speed you would want for bulk file transfers, i assume that's why SG even provide a little USB / OTG card reader with the WIFI cameras.
But a single file now and then will be okay, but then again i would not share anything with anyone at the site of anything, so personally i only see wifi as a mean to do settings changes on a larger phone screen, and my tired old eyes appreciate that.
And even if a Boeing 737 just emergency landed on the freeway in front of you, that upload can wait until you get home, as you have a dashcam you will have the better footage VS the people that whip out phones when the action are more or less over.

Yea, the 2.4 speed kinda sucks. I live in an area that is full of tourists and snowbirds so the daily commutes are full of fun videos to capture. I drive approx. 15 minutes to work and it's not uncommon this time of year to see at least 2-3 death-defying driving maneuvers every day on the way to work and again on the way home. So for me, the ability to easily manually record (i.e. the Bluetooth remote button that Viofo offers) and the ability to easily share the video (quick and reliable download speeds to phone app) without having to constantly remove the sd card in order to put it in the computer...and then having to format the whole card once putting it back in the dash cam, would be much easier! On top of that, I have an old MacBook laptop which I will have to pull out of my drawer and dust off, because I haven't used a laptop computer in years. I literally just ordered a SG9663DCPRO due to the excellent customer support I've witnessed in these forums and the fact that I live in a very hot/humid climate...otherwise I would have stuck with the A129 Pro for the 4K video, 5ghz wifi, Bluetooth remote, and ability to utilize the app for things like firmware downloads and such. That said, I was running into issues with the Viofo such as constant beeping, wifi signal dropping, and the unit itself got very warm just sitting in my kitchen! There seems to be so many trade-offs with every cam being produced. I'm hoping many of these cams begin to standardize some features soon. Picking out a cam has been a huge trading game..."cam A has this, this, and that, but overheats at the drop of a hat...cam B has this, that, and that, but it doesn't have this which I would really like...cam C has that, but not this or this." At this point, I just want a cam that works and is easy to use and doesn't cause headaches. I'll wait till someone finally perfects all the tech advances and then buy that!

Back