SG9663DC Doesn't boot up automatically after long periods of time

Do you remember to reset the camera to default after FW update, as specified in the how to update TXT file with the firmware's.
It sound strange you have more success with a older FW than a newer one.

Your 12V cigarette port (power socket) might not have power when the engine is shut off, but that doesn't mean the fuse isn't still live. On my car, the sunroof has no power when car is off, but the sunroof fuse is still live. Best to check the actual fuse in the fuse box with a multi-meter be be sure which is live and which is not.

I did remember to reset camera to default settings as well as format the memory card.

I will check to see which fuses are cut when ignition is off with the multi as soon as I get some fuses. I only have a 10 amp ATO on me for the ATO 3 wire kit, but I have mini ATO in the vehicle so no spares for the 3-wire. Will need to get some other amp fuses so I am not so restricted. Interesting that the power is cut somewhere after the fuse block for the power socket.

Hello,

I updated the firmware earlier this week and the problem seems to have gotten worse. I did provide the wrong info originally, My ACC was tapped into MISS SOL (it worked when i first installed going into parking mode so I didn't question it)

This morning I have changed the ACC tap to the power socket fuse 40 and moved the BATT to the lumbar support fuse 28. The power socket loses power like normal when I remove the keys from the ignition, but the dashcam does not enter parking mode. If I unplug ACC fuse tap manually, it goes into parking mode.

This is odd to me as I would expect when power is cut to the fuse the dashcam would recognize it, but it seems like this is not the case.

Maybe I need to try different fuse tap for ACC?

you need a different B+ fuse, when you unplug the ACC feed while the car is on it has permanent power so it goes into parking mode, if you turn the car off it just turns off because your B+ feed is ignition switched

I just went through a good amount of trial and error with the 10 amp and 20 amp fuses I have available on the interior fuse block with the multi and found a couple that were always on and which were ignition switched. Found 2 fuses that seem to work. Dashcam goes into parking mode like normal when moving key positions from ACC to off. I still need to see if it will turn back on after a long idle period. I will report back after the morning to confirm if the firmware update and the fuse changes did the trick.

The two fuses I used were:
Batt: Fuse 29, Right Headlight High Beam
ACC: Fuse 33, Front Passenger's Power Window

Past couple of mornings the problem is still persisting. Upon first ignition after a long idle the dashcam does not boot up on its own. This morning I left the dashcam off after the idle period and drove to the corner store, parked and turned off the vehicle. When I came back out of the store and started the car up, the dashcam turned itself on.

Not sure if that is of any use, I just don't know what to try at this point.

I think your B+ power feed may still be a problem, not sure if any of the circuits on the interior fuse panel are going to work for this, possible the interior ones are all computer controlled, that's common in late model Honda's

Back