SG9663DC Draining battery?

Captain

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think my DC is running overnight and draining the battery. Should it do that? Yesterday the car wouldn't start. Had the battery checked. It's good. I unplugged it until I can ask how to turn it off at night?

Good question. I don't know. I have it hardwired with 2 piggy back thingys. It's been working and not causing a problem until yesterday.

I forgot to add, you need to press and hold the power button to turn it completely off if you don’t need parking mode in a private garage etc.

how do I know the voltage setting and firmware?

The cut off voltage you select on the little DIP switches on the hard wire kit, on the box on the wire ( 12 -> 5 V converter ) should be a lable indicating which switch orientation setting give what cut off value.

how do I know the voltage setting and firmware?

the voltage choices left to right are 11.8v, 12v, 12.2v, 12.4v, in the cooler months you would be better to use 12.2v or 12.4v, even if that means shorter run times while parked

Pretend you're instructing a child, and tell me step by step what to do!:unsure:

Pretend you're instructing a child, and tell me step by step what to do!:unsure:

look at the power supply front on, there's a slider switch on the bottom side, the voltages choices left to right are 11.8v, 12v, 12.2v, 12.4v slide the switch all the way to the right and it will cutoff at 12.4v, back one click will be at 12.2v etc, try it at one of the two higher settings, those settings are quite high so if you still get flat batteries it may be time for a new battery

Ok I have had it set at one click from the right. My car battery was checked and is good. I thought when I bought it I could safely leave it on all night. And in the event of an intrusion (I don't know if it has a motion sensor or what) it would start recording. ?? So now I'm unplugging it at night for fear of it killing the battery. When I press the on off button AP Mode appears on the screen and the red REC light stays on. Please help. And as far as setting new firmware please tell me in simple language how to.

Slide the dip switch all the way to the right 12.4V for maximum savings.

When you are in the settings menu scroll down until you see Version. Let us know the firmware version once you select that to see the firmware version page. There have been a few updates since it was released. Best to get in the new 2019 update. Call our support number if you need me to walk through how to do it.

Back