SG9663DC GPS no longer working

CRS 123

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello all. I've been a happy user of this dual camera setup since 2017 :) My GPS has stopped working or is very intermittent . I've updated firmware and settings and made sure I had a good connection of the GPS cord with the camera, but it fails to get a lock 99% of the time. It has worked quite well up until a couple months ago. The GPS (supposed to be flipped internally so that it can be stuck on the windshield) Is mounted near the rear view mirror (opposite side of camera) in the cutout used for toll transponders. Jaguar F-Types have Solar Glass that attenuates RF signals except for those cutout areas. I think perhaps the antennae itself may have given up? How do I go about getting a new GPS camera for this
Guardian model? Thanks for any help :)
CRS

I think any GPS antenna from any of the models would work, i have even gotten a none SG antenna to work on my SG9663DR

The problem is probably the little battery in the antenna, i had one that was bad right out of the gate with a SGGCX2 camera, but i just put a antenna on it from a old SG9665GC model.
Anyways the boys will probably have a way for you to get a new antenna soon.

send a message to @Street Guardian USA and we'll send you out a new GPS
A related question(s):

How long will the GPS battery last if not used for an extended period, like over 12 months?

Can a dead GPS battery be resurrected?... or is replacement the only option?

I think any GPS antenna from any of the models would work, i have even gotten a none SG antenna to work on my SG9663DR

The problem is probably the little battery in the antenna, i had one that was bad right out of the gate with a SGGCX2 camera, but i just put a antenna on it from a old SG9665GC model.
Anyways the boys will probably have a way for you to get a new antenna soon.
I had no idea that there was a little battery inside. I guess I always thought the GPS was passive.

Dammit too slow :sleep: you snooze and you loose with SG :)
I know! Just amazing customer service. That's why for years I've steered anyone I can to Street Guardian :)

A related question(s):

How long will the GPS battery last if not used for an extended period, like over 12 months?

Can a dead GPS battery be resurrected?... or is replacement the only option?
I don't think the problem in this case is related to the GPS battery, it will still work even if that's dead, would just slow down cold starts

it will still work even if that's dead, would just slow down cold starts
Thats right, damn slow on that SGGCX2 back then, but another GPS from a GC model fixed that right up.
Brobably something inside that whent totally belly up when it stop working all together like that.

Back