sg9663dc hardwire kit help

boo09

Reaction score
Country
Australia
hi guys i need help. im planning to hardwire my sg to my fuse box. but the owners manual doesn't say which fuse is ignition or acc. can anyone help me which fuse to use for the red and yellow wire to attached to.

my fuse box diagram
fb.jpg

fuse box description

fb1.jpg
fb2.jpg
fb3.jpg
fb4.jpg

regards,
boo

I'm willing to bet Module 5 and Sunnroof are ACC. I've used the moonroof slot on a few different cars to wire a radar detector so it would turn off with the car. Door Lock is probably constant battery.

Do you have a multimeter? I grabbed the cheapest manual one from the hardware store for 10 bucks to test my fuses before choosing a slot. It made the process way easier. Set the dial on your multimeter to 20V, touch the black prong to bare metal or a screw going into the body of the car for ground, then touch the red to the exposed metal on the top of the fuse (or remove the fuse and put the red prong into the fuse slot). The multimeter should read 12.xx when the fuse slot is receiving power. If it reads 0 with the ignition off and 12.xx with it on, then it should be an ACC slot. If it's getting a 12.xx or non-zero reading with the car off, then it's a constant power slot.

EDIT: Since you have a few unused slots, you should test those first with the multimeter. That way, you can have a slot dedicated to the camera instead of piggybacking off of another slot.

I'm willing to bet Module 5 and Sunnroof are ACC. I've used the moonroof slot on a few different cars to wire a radar detector so it would turn off with the car. Door Lock is probably constant battery.

Do you have a multimeter? I grabbed the cheapest manual one from the hardware store for 10 bucks to test my fuses before choosing a slot. It made the process way easier. Set the dial on your multimeter to 20V, touch the black prong to bare metal or a screw going into the body of the car for ground, then touch the red to the exposed metal on the top of the fuse (or remove the fuse and put the red prong into the fuse slot). The multimeter should read 12.xx when the fuse slot is receiving power. If it reads 0 with the ignition off and 12.xx with it on, then it should be an ACC slot. If it's getting a 12.xx or non-zero reading with the car off, then it's a constant power slot.

EDIT: Since you have a few unused slots, you should test those first with the multimeter. That way, you can have a slot dedicated to the camera instead of piggybacking off of another slot.

I’m having a heck of a time hardwiring in my 2016 IS300. I know where the ground wire goes, but can’t find an actual diagram other than what’s on the actual fuse cover. I already ran/hid the cable from the R to the F cameras.

Installing Thinkware F800 Pro:
Battery goes into a fuse that has voltage while car is off (for parking mode)
ACC goes into a fuse that has no voltage while car is off (normal recording while driving.)

Battery = radio fuse
ACC wire = ? which fuse/location do you recommend?

Isn’t the add-a-fuse redundant? You still have to find 2 fuses correct? One for battery and other for ignition? I don’t see the point. Am I missing something?

Attachments

• Image-1.jpg
    Image-1.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 7
Battery goes into a fuse that has voltage while car is off (for parking mode)
ACC goes into a fuse that has no voltage while car is off (normal recording while driving.)
Correct.

Battery = radio fuse
ACC wire = ? which fuse/location do you recommend?

ACC is anything that isn't powered when the car is off. For example, you usually can't roll your windows down with the car off. That would be ACC. I'm guessing you probably aren't getting constant power to the radio fuse since leaving the radio on accidentally could drain your battery, so Radio is likely ACC (but could be constant since newer cars have pretty complex "radios" now.

SO....for ACC I usually recommend sunroof/moonroof or seat heater.

For constant power, you'll need to confirm with a multimeter, but door locks are a good first try since power door locks work when the car is off and also aren't dangerous if the fuse blows (losing your airbags if you blow a fuse would be dangerous, so you wouldn't want to use that slot).

Isn’t the add-a-fuse redundant? You still have to find 2 fuses correct? One for battery and other for ignition? I don’t see the point. Am I missing something?

Think of the add-a-fuse like a headphone splitter--it lets you plug two things into a spot where you could previously only plug one thing into. When you use the add-a-fuse, you're 1.) removing a fuse from your fuse box, 2.) putting it into the add-a-fuse, 3.) putting your dash cam fuse into the add-a-fuse (so now you have two fuses in the add-a-fuse), and then 4.) plug the add-a-fuse itself into the slot where you had just removed a fuse from the fuse box in step 1.

Since you need to connect to constant power AND acc for the dash cam, you'd need two add-a-fuses (one for each wire)

I was able to get this installed last night. Still dialing in the settings for the camera and reviewing footage to check the sensitivity. The fuses were tiny on the Lexus and had to splice to get to some extra wire to wrap it up. I can see how the add-a-fuse could come in handy, BUT could've been the same amount of time. Worst part of the install was that my fuse box s under the steering column - upside down.

Funny enough, there was some frost on the car this morning, with little circles where heat was on the windshield from the heat of the cameras. Hopefully this isn't a giveaway to people.

Anyways, thanks again, I appreciate it.

Hehe yeah i have to play contortionist too to get at my fuse box, and thats not easy or fun at my age.
40 years ago i could get thru anywhere i could fit my head thru, now i need to grab something to get up if i have taken a knee or been squatting for a little while...... getting old sure suck.

Funny enough, there was some frost on the car this morning, with little circles where heat was on the windshield from the heat of the cameras. Hopefully this isn't a giveaway to people.

Not really. First, people hardly notice anything, especially if they're "playing phone" which most people do now. Second, few of those who do notice would think "Dashcam" and those would mostly us- cam owners ourselves and not people who might be a problem.

Phil

Back