SG9663DC in Kia Optima

puska

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I've installed camera today, thanks @niko for the tips, seems like I have no interference with any of the car services, but I do have couple of questions.

1. Cigarette lighter adapter is a bit big and clunky and it blocks my wireless charging, so I kinda have to slide the phone under it... Problem is I have the outlet on the back of the centre console towards rear seat I could use, but the cable is not long enough to reach the camera.
2. Which Android app to use to review videos over WiFi and can I find anyway detailed instructions, I've tried GPSCam but it's not detecting storage even after I've connected to Cameras Wifi... Probably I'm doing something wrong... I have S7 Edge running Nougat.
3. Is there app that can review footage with PIP from front and back or no?

Here are some pictures from installation

20180203_111950.jpg20180203_112006.jpg20180203_112101.jpg20180203_112109.jpg20180203_115303.jpg20180203_115313.jpg

I don't believe GPScam would work over WiFi, we normally only use that with an OTG card reader, you can try one of the Android apps like Novacam or similar, I don't think they support PIP view, not something that is really practical on a small screen

cables would look neater if you used the included adapter lead for the GPS with the right angle plug

Oh yeah I've tried NovaCam too and it sees the camera but was showing black screen maybe I just didn't want long enough. Will try again I've also updated firmware to v1.14 since camera came with 1.12 version.

I can add the 90 degree cable for GPS, ran the power to rear on the passenger side, and you can't see the cable anywhere, but probably could do a bit better job with main camera unit. Will do that tomorrow.

Just dunno best way to resolve the powering of the camera until I verify they won't complain about warranty

You can buy cigarette lighter socket splitter with low profile plug and cable coming out from the side of the plug, something like this below or with similar plug design.

RHUNDO RS-20S (1).jpg

RHUNDO RS-20S (3).jpg

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
That's absolutely brilliant @niko - I was literally just wondering if something like that existed last night!

I've just ordered the RS-20ST from your store on Amazon as that will solve a problem I've got in the back of the car without me having to rip the flooring up as I can use the always on socket in the car now with this BDP for three cameras in that back area! :D

That's absolutely brilliant @niko - I was literally just wondering if something like that existed last night!

I've just ordered the RS-20ST from your store on Amazon as that will solve a problem I've got in the back of the car without me having to rip the flooring up as I can use the always on socket in the car now with this BDP for three cameras in that back area! :D

Yes, RHUNDO RS-20S (2018 edition) is the most advanced such device on the market at the moment with fully loaded features. RS-20ST also comes with temperature sensor.

RH RS-20ST.jpg

Yes, RHUNDO RS-20S (2018 edition) is the most advanced such device on the market at the moment with fully loaded features. RS-20ST also comes with temperature sensor.

View attachment 36181
That's a very interesting solution... What's the cable length between the socket and 3 plugs?

Don't really need extras but it's a good suggestion to look into getting something like that and if it's long enough to go from rear of center console it doesn't have to be as low profile.

Thanks niko this is exactly reason why after 12rc that I still have in Mazda I decided to go for street guardian again.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

That's a very interesting solution... What's the cable length between the socket and 3 plugs?

Don't really need extras but it's a good suggestion to look into getting something like that and if it's long enough to go from rear of center console it doesn't have to be as low profile.

Thanks niko this is exactly reason why after 12rc that I still have in Mazda I decided to go for street guardian again.

Between sockets and plug is around 85cm.
All specs you may find below.

RHUNDO RS-20S (3).jpg

Nice device. All the features of a Vico PowerPlus, plus a startup delay timer. :)

Only if it had slightly longer timer duration...

Seems like interesting product but not readily available in Canada. So I've got just an extension cord that's long enough to reach from the back to under the glovebox and tucked everything away there. Might get a foam or something if it rattles.
aa678e42dce86ab6eb71467d79abc675.jpg
ca13913efcbf1ade99ed3d36a74e464e.jpg
70cd4b9369f207e388a498b9847547c3.jpg
48a7105e6291ed297fdce73a04fc8649.jpg

203c3bd57514a996558cc0e8523e241b.jpg

Also NovaCam does work on Android altough playback works couple of seconds then stops. Altough I left OTG adapter just in case.

It's finally got warm in Canada. I left the car in the sun today and when I came back found front camera hanging on the cables it got removed from plastic of the mirror. I sticked it back but wonder what can be done to prevent it?

My 12rc in Mazda never got disconnected but that one is attached to black dotted area of the glass.

Thanks

Same here, clear blue sky several days in a row, and today 25 degrees C, dont hope this mean pre-summer will be good and actual summer will suck, sort of like last year.

It's finally got warm in Canada. I left the car in the sun today and when I came back found front camera hanging on the cables it got removed from plastic of the mirror. I sticked it back but wonder what can be done to prevent it?

My 12rc in Mazda never got disconnected but that one is attached to black dotted area of the glass.

Thanks

it's the wrong type of adhesive to stick to the plastic trim

So do we have in the kit the one that would work or which one you recommend? Or I'm Sol and should try and find a way to stick it to the windshield itself?

Thanks

it's the wrong type of adhesive to stick to the plastic trim

That's extreme stuff will hold for sure, but good luck getting it off later on :)
It's a bit of a work but not too bad. Got a new vehicle last November and it took a few minutes to remove from the old one. Just have to get an edge/corner up and kind of roll it off. Wouldn't want to do a bunch of them though.

Back