SG9663DC Install on a 2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E

Snikwah

Reaction score
Country
United States
Got it installed today. Really wasn't too bad, I just used the cigarette lighter for now until the hardwire kit is released. Took me way longer than it should have, mostly because i'm a perfectionist and tried several different routes for the wires. I ended up going across the top of the windshield, down the A pillar behind the airbag and then going along the floor to the rear of the truck. Seemed to be the best way to go and not interfere with the airbags. Also, going this way leaves you a nice big space under the rear door sill to coil up any slack on the rear cord. Only had a little bit of slack, even using the longer rear camera cord.

Played around with a few locations for the rear camera but the longer rear camera cable only has a right angle plug on the end that goes into the front camera...so this was as high up as I could get it and still have room for the cord. There's just a tiny little bit of cord visible in the corner of the back, I'm ok with that. Once I get it hardwired, it'll be great.

From the front it's really not noticeable at all. There's already so many cameras up there it just kinda blends in. The rear camera you can't even see at all from outside.

IMG_9881.JPGIMG_9889.JPGIMG_9890.JPGIMG_9893.JPGIMG_9909.JPGIMG_9917.JPG

I knew you are perfectionist from the first picture when I see the three batteries nice aligned ready for the job.
Nice install!

enjoy,
Mtz

thanks all.. it was a fun install. thanks for making such a great product and ensuring it's ready for primetime. even the wifi functionality worked perfectly for me using novacam. i had a F770 prior to this that ended up going back for a refund because it just did not work correctly for me.

even the wifi functionality worked perfectly for me using novacam.

what phone do you have? I think the phone plays some part in the success (or not) of wifi so it's always handy to know what combinations work and what don't

what phone do you have? I think the phone plays some part in the success (or not) of wifi so it's always handy to know what combinations work and what don't
i have an iphone 6 running ios 10.3.3

Has anyone figured out where to grab power in a Gen 2 Ridgeline near the mirror, etc? I'm not in love with all the cables running to a power outlet.

i used an add-a-fuse to hardwire it. no wires visible.
Ya, I'm looking for info to grab power at the mirror area. I guess I'll have to probe a few wires and tap in. Thanks

thats about the only way. just make sure its constant and not switch off after you lock the car and leave it.

I don't think I want always on power for this. I don't care about the parking camera features.

if only running while on you might be able to find a suitable power source in the roof there, for parking mode I wouldn't do it that way but for your purpose you might be ok

if only running while on you might be able to find a suitable power source in the roof there, for parking mode I wouldn't do it that way but for your purpose you might be ok
Ya, the sunroof controls are up there as well as auto-dim mirror, etc. so lots of switched power I'd expect.

Back