SG9663DC Lock Files Question

correct, the RO folder has a limit already, otherwise the card could just eventually fill up and stop the camera working

So what happens when the RO folder fills up?
My preference would be to have it overwrite the oldest files. Also allow me to set how much space to dedicate to RO folder, if that's not already available.

it recycles
So.... isn't that exactly what I've been suggesting for the last 5 posts?
RO folder with a user defined % of total card space that will recycle/overwrite older files in RO folder once RO allocated space fills up.

I think i will grab my memory card tomorrow, make a note of the oldest file that are in the RO folder, and then on my next drives hit that event button like there are noo tomorrow, when the oldest RO file get deleted i should be able to measure how much data are in the RO folder ( this may vary if it are some % of the card capacity )

TBH i have pondered this question for a while, just never done anything about it as for my use the RO folder see little use as it is now.
I think maybe crank G sensor up to high and hit that button a lot, if the files in the RO folder are from 24 DEC or newer i will have filled up that folder, and i assume like the memory card in general it will remain filled and recycle within that space.

TBH again i really should test such things :oops: as it is after all a serious aspect of a dashcam at least if it is in parking mode use too.

the type of testing you do where it's just normal use is the kind of stuff we need more of, the dumb stuff we try and do ourselves

It is nice to be on autopilot now and then, make the few bright moments shine even stronger.
But i have tried "silly" no brainer jobs, and if i have to live from that i rarely last more than a few years in that job.

And could be fun to use the G sensor, i haven't used one of those since 2012 and the lukas camera.

jokiin, I was suggesting it because ~2 years ago when I asked you and a few others, that's how I was told it worked. In fact this came up when I was asking about dual remote camera when it was still in concept, and dual channel was in early stages of development.
So does the user specify how much space is dedicated to RO folder, in GBs or something?

there is no user setting for this

What? So what is it set to? Small, big, a few MB too hot or cold for the user, ohhhhh it's a disaster, somebody think of the user! :D
But seriously, how is this not a setting the user has access to? Weird....!

At least the new models of SG dashcams don't come with a stylish bend ;)

macrumors.jpeg

I will have a definite answer for you in a day or two, i have at least 3 hour of driving tomorrow, will try and generate all the RO activity i can.

At least the new models of SG dashcams don't come with a stylish bend ;)

I will have a definite answer for you in a day or two, i have at least 3 hour of driving tomorrow, will try and generate all the RO activity i can.

so did you have a chance to figure out the upper limit of the RO folder? I've often wondered about it myself, esp when my a119 g-sensor kept going off after having been in parking mode. yes, i know the a119 is a viofo product, but i was thinking maybe this was something baked into the novatek sdk rather than specific to the SG firmware. i actually have one of my a119's sitting on my desk right now, but don't have the will to sit there and hammer the RO button all day.

so did you have a chance to figure out the upper limit of the RO folder? I've often wondered about it myself, esp when my a119 g-sensor kept going off after having been in parking mode. yes, i know the a119 is a viofo product, but i was thinking maybe this was something baked into the novatek sdk rather than specific to the SG firmware. i actually have one of my a119's sitting on my desk right now, but don't have the will to sit there and hammer the RO button all day.

it's not a default option in the SDK, Viofo have likely changed it though, pretty much only the generic models use the default setting of fill up until they no longer work

the limit of the RO folder is not a straight forward answer as there are a bunch of variables depending on recycle values etc

Back