SG9663DC not turning on

mcaf123

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
SG9663DC
I'm hoping @Street Guardian USA @Sifu @niko can help me here....
My neighbour crashed into my car recently and I just got it back from the repair garage. As I was driving home I noticed that my 9663DC wasn't on, so I tried to manually turn it on using the power button - nothing.
When I got home I checked all the fuses and the (SGDCHW) hardwire kit - all looked fine, as the little red lights were on inside the hardwire box. Putting a pin inside the reset hole also did nothing.

The garage told me they turn off all dashcams for privacy reasons and have asked me to bring it in for them to check over and will hopefully pay for a new one if they can't fix it. Is there possibly anything else I can try or is it likely to be completely dead now??

FWIW its fitted to a 2021 Seat Tarraco.

I still have my DC system in a box somewhere.

Sorry to hear about accident,
It could be the case where the power supply female socket on the dashcamera got damaged when removing the power cable. I had two similar cases in the past when unplugging cable was done with the force.
In one case when I wiggle the power cable (moving slowly it from side to side, or up and down while plugged into the dashcam) then at some point I could see the power-on button lit on dascham, then it turned off. This was the sign that the miniusb port pins on PCB board were giving some sort of connection, but were broken off the PCB board.
It is not final conclusion, just one of my assumptions.
You may also try the supplied cigarette charger power supply just in case to doublecheck.

Sorry to hear about accident,
It could be the case where the power supply female socket on the dashcamera got damaged when removing the power cable. I had two similar cases in the past when unplugging cable was done with the force.
In one case when I wiggle the power cable (moving slowly it from side to side, or up and down while plugged into the dashcam) then at some point I could see the power-on button lit on dascham, then it turned off. This was the sign that the miniusb port pins on PCB board were giving some sort of connection, but were broken off the PCB board.
It is not final conclusion, just one of my assumptions.
You may also try the supplied cigarette charger power supply just in case to doublecheck.
Cheers, Niko - good to hear from you!
When I took a look this morning and tried testing with the cigarette charger (which didn't work), I noticed that the REC button is very dimly lit as you can see below
1666888874101.png
Any idea what this means?

Cheers, Niko - good to hear from you!
When I took a look this morning and tried testing with the cigarette charger (which didn't work), I noticed that the REC button is very dimly lit as you can see below
View attachment 62164
Any idea what this means?
Try holding down on/off power button for 10-15 sec, see if it's boots up?
Let me know.
Sent you an email with same instructions

Back