SG9663DC or A129

krole

Reaction score
Country
United States
Perhaps a bit early, as A129 is not out yet... but from the anticipated specs, do you expect the A129 would be worthwhile over the SG9663DC?

If you want double the warranty, something already proven to be very stable for several months now, 3-wire parking mode (few weeks away for special Hard Wire accessory), and you don't want to wait, the SG9663DC is here today. (and is on it's 3rd production already) DC price was just lowered $40 last week across all DC bundles for USA/CA listings too. Street Guardian has the SG9663DR coming soon too. (both cameras are tiny/remote, extra stealth)

A129 will be cheaper though of course. (maybe fewer bells and whistles but should have similar specs)
@OCD Tronic should have them for pre-sale in late May or June (if there are further delays)

Street Guardian has the SG9663DR coming soon too. (both cameras are tiny/remote, extra stealth)

This is maybe July\August timeframe? I think I read in another thread samples were going to be tested in June?

This is maybe July\August timeframe? I think I read in another thread samples were going to be tested in June?

we should have them out for sale by then, we have a few new models and some other updates we're working on at the moment that are all for release this year

we should have them out for sale by then, we have a few new models and some other updates we're working on at the moment that are all for release this year

By July\August?

Leaning towards one of the SG models, next question is how patient am I.

Its all hands on deck on the good ship Street Guardian, but all sails are up already and the wind is in our back.

Since my end goal is to have two cars outfitted with front and rear and I currently have an A118C, I think for now I'll purchase some model of A119. So each car at least has front facing. I'll try and wait for SG9663DR.

Front camera can do most things, one of the most important beeing loggin your driving, and if you do nothing wrong, well then what ever happen surely cant be your fault.

Did we get to the bottom of what the differences were between sg9663dc vs a129?

As i understand it they are much the same, though A129 also have a IMX 291 in the back where DC use IMX 323, and not sure it lenses are the same.
Though viofo dont have bad customer care / service as that can be none existing in many brands, then SG still beat them hands down on that front as there are pretty much nothing bad to say about how they do that stuff.
Maybe other little factors that make up for the difference in price in between the 2 models.

Back