SG9663DC Power On then Off

Azrie

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I'm having an issue with my SG9663DC where it will power up when I turn on the car but then shut off after about 3 seconds. After this happens I can't turn the power on and buttons don't respond at all. I've also tried it without the SD card, without the back cam and GPS plugged in. I did try it with another power cord in my house and the same thing, powers up for about three seconds and then just shuts off completely.

Any ideas for how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks, it looks like it is a hardware issue and I will have to replace it. A little disappointing given its not even 4 years old and out of warranty.

4 years ( or so ) are not too bad, but yeah i have cameras that have lasted longer than that, though TBH i have never run a camera for 4 years strait in my car as they tend to get replaced before that ( tester )
On the + side i am sure SG would offer a discount on a new model if you stay with the brand, none of the others ( to my knowledge ) do things like that.

I have also had a fair share of test cameras that did not last that long, but i am also doing my best to push them as hard as i can.

Cameras that end up in my livingroom window sill, well they record for about 22 H daily so they really get a hammering there, the window is also south facing so get hot in the summer time.

Back