SG9663DC PRO Hardwire Questions

HotJob757

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey everybody, I just purchased and received my SG9663DC PRO with the hardwire kit. I will be installing this into a 2019 Mustang, but was wondering what the best fuses were to hardwire into? I am new to dashcams as this is my first one I've purchased. I decided on this brand due to browsing this site and seeing the great customer service that Street Guardian provides. I chose this model for the dual channels and wifi for cell phone connectivity. I did use the search function, but didn't find anything Street Guardian installed into a Mustang. Thanks for the help.

Hey everybody, I just purchased and received my SG9663DC PRO with the hardwire kit. I will be installing this into a 2019 Mustang, but was wondering what the best fuses were to hardwire into? I am new to dashcams as this is my first one I've purchased. I decided on this brand due to browsing this site and seeing the great customer service that Street Guardian provides. I chose this model for the dual channels and wifi for cell phone connectivity. I did use the search function, but didn't find anything Street Guardian installed into a Mustang. Thanks for the help.
How did you make out with your install on mustang? I will be installing on 2016

How did you make out with your install on mustang? I will be installing on 2016

I haven't been able to locate a fuse with constant power. All the ones I have used eventually **** off after the ecu goes to sleep. The fuse box diagrams were no help. If you find something let me know.

I am planning to use fuse 2 or 16 for permanent power and 36 for switched power.
I assume you have your cameras installed, was it easy to route the cables to the cameras, did you encounter any problems?

I'm at work right know, so I'm sure where I plugged the fuses in, but I didn't have any issues running the wires. I just ran them above the headliner.

Another question, if I can tack it on to this thread. Is there an option for automatic daylight savings time adjustments every 6 months so we don't have to do it manually? I also have a SG9665GC and am wondering the same for that.

No sadly the automatic daylight savings are not in any dashcams i know off, but i hope it will find its way in there.
I assume it is not supported by the hardware inside the cameras.

No sadly the automatic daylight savings are not in any dashcams i know off, but i hope it will find its way in there.
I assume it is not supported by the hardware inside the cameras.
auto daylight savings would only ever be a software solution, it requires either manual config by the end user to set it up, or a massive database table if you want to automate it, the effort far outweighs the reward on this one

Couldn't you just piggyback on whatever online ? but of course that would necessitate the camera was online to get to information.
The most easy at least if the cameras had a always on wifi, would be to just look for that information on the "parent" phone upon boot, but that would mean you have to have the dashcam APP running all the time.

or maybe its just me as usual desperately trying to make thing more simple than they are.

Its not a biggie though ( to me ) the GT 65EX camera without the GPS i think are still on summer time.

So what if we just had a checkbox that said auto adjust for DST? If the dates when it changes are programmed into the firmware (or could be calculated on some formula), then it would know when to do it automatically?

So what if we just had a checkbox that said auto adjust for DST? If the dates when it changes are programmed into the firmware (or could be calculated on some formula), then it would know when to do it automatically?
the dates can't be programmed in as such as the dates vary by location, would still require manual entry to set it up, for that sake of that might as well just adjust the timezone twice a year

Here in SC there's a bill being considered in the State House to lock us in to DST year round, while states like AZ use standard time year-round. Other places use different dates to change. So just remember to reset your cam clocks as needed and use the moments to check your SD card to be sure it;'s still doing it's job while you're at it ;) Also remember to replace the smoke detector batteries at home when you change the clocks :cool:

Phil

Here in SC there's a bill being considered in the State House to lock us in to DST year round, while states like AZ use standard time year-round. Other places use different dates to change. So just remember to reset your cam clocks as needed and use the moments to check your SD card to be sure it;'s still doing it's job while you're at it ;) Also remember to replace the smoke detector batteries at home when you change the clocks :cool:

Phil
sure would make life easier, I wonder though if no DST if people would stop changing their smoke detector batteries :unsure:

Here in SC there's a bill being considered in the State House to lock us in to DST year round,
+1. I'm all for that as I find daylight in the evening is much more useful than daylight early in the morning.

auto daylight savings would only ever be a software solution, it requires either manual config by the end user to set it up, or a massive database table if you want to automate it, the effort far outweighs the reward on this one
And don't overlook the anomaly of Lord Howe Island where the adjustment is 30 minutes. :banghead:

Understood.

Well, there was a similar bill here in FL, but it somehow quietly went away.

sure would make life easier, I wonder though if no DST if people would stop changing their smoke detector batteries :unsure:
My house has hardwired (required by code everywhere in the US for new construction) smoke and CO detectors which use the battery only for a backup. They generally last several years between changes before anything starts chirping the battery is low. The specific ones I have do a brief load test on the battery every 45 seconds, so as long as they all sound when I decide to push a random test button I consider them fine.

Also it would be nice not going outside to darkness at 5PM.

Back