SG9663DC PRO has started to randomly beep ~3 months after purchase.

Jas_God

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello, I purchased the SG9663DC PRO back in mid April of this year (2019) and for the past several weeks it has started beeping from time to time. I haven't changed anything since installation. It is hardwired, using a SanDisk Ultra 400GB microSDXC UHS-I card with Adapter - SDSQUAR-400G-GN6MA. This is the only card I have ever used with it, and rarely take it out. Firmware Version is DCPRO190115v1.08, and the serial number of my dashcam is 2018430077. All cables are tight and completely inserted. Also, my menu has slowed a LOT. When it was brand new, it was very snappy and responsive. Now, since this beeping started, the menu takes NOTICEABLY longer to pop up. I wonder if the two problems are related to each other? Anyway, any info/assistance/guidance with this issue is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Just seen there's a beta FW available. I'll give that a shot, see if that resolves my problems.

Last edited:
Try re-flashing the latest firmware and see if the problem goes away. Also, reformat the memory card (in the camera).

Try re-flashing the latest firmware and see if the problem goes away. Also, reformat the memory card (in the camera).
Thanks for the suggestion Dashmellow, I have tried reformatting the card (in camera) 3 different times and yup, still beeping. Haven't tried reflashing the FW, I think I'm gonna give this beta FW a shot (from the sticked post) and see if that works. Hey thanks again.

Okay, new problem. Dashcam is not recognizing the firmware update at all. Just starts recording. (I have formatted the card prior, and copied the .bin file into the empty card). Any suggestions?

It sounds like you have a bad memory card.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...ilver-cards-contact-us-for-replacement.38690/

Beeping = Corrupt or Failing Card, or Rear Camera communication error.

Since it's not Transcend, reset the card via SD Formatter. That should sort out corrupt card issues.
Oh wow okay. It still records, and I am able to view the recordings on my computer. Is that possible with a failing card? And if so, should I only use Transcend cards? I'll have to buy one immediately then if so.

EDIT: I'll format with the link you provided and try again. Thank you much.

need to do a full overwrite erase of the card with SDformatter to reset the card, then format in the camera

should I only use Transcend cards? I'll have to buy one immediately then if so.
Transcend cards are the ones not to use, they have had a problem with the latest model

Yes don't forget to check/select the "overwrite" box when using SD Formatter. If you format successfully with no error, then format in-camera again afterward.

The black/silver cards are the ones to avoid. See link with photo I posted above:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...ilver-cards-contact-us-for-replacement.38690/

Any card can go corrupt or fail though. Corrupt cards can be recovered via SD Formatter (overwrite). Bad/Failed cards are covered under our warranty.
Not recognizing the firmware update can also be the result of a corrupt card.

Yes don't forget to check/select the "overwrite" box when using SD Formatter. If you format successfully with no error, then format in-camera again afterward.

The black/silver cards are the ones to avoid. See link with photo I posted above:

Any card can go corrupt or fail though. Corrupt cards can be recovered via SD Formatter (overwrite). Bad/Failed cards are covered under our warranty.
Not recognizing the firmware update can also be the result of a corrupt card.

Thank you and Jokiin for all the info. Overwrite format is still running right now. Once it’s done I’ll give it a go again. If I still have problems I’m gonna just go ahead and buy a new card. Thanks again to y’all.

That PRO enduro from samsung on Amazon should be good for you. (y)

Back