SG9663DC Pro OR wait for newer model?

I'm hoping to get an update for the upcoming DR model? It's September now and was thinking it would be available by now. Also, are there any other models coming out soon, around the same time as the DR...as in by the end of 2019? I'm looking to get a dash cam, but was wanting to wait for one that is more updated than current
we are working on 5 new models and some updates for current models at the moment, which come first remain to be seen, everything is in varying stages of development right now and there is some overlap with some shared components

lots of buns in the oven then :)

we are working on 5 new models and some updates for current models at the moment, which come first remain to be seen, everything is in varying stages of development right now and there is some overlap with some shared components
didnt thinks there would be soo many combinations needed.

DR will be good format , waiting to get myself a Christmas present .Hope there will be a retail shop in Sydney where i can get it over the counter & a return point in case it fails.

The SG boss live in Sydney, and i think i recall him doing face to face RAM service too.
Buy yeah i too prefer to buy at local stores, at least if i am dropping larger amounts of money, and today on a early pension those amounts don't actually have to be that high.
I think SG have a list of retailers on their home page, if not jokiin i am sure know the ones in Sydney at least.

DR will be good format , waiting to get myself a Christmas present .Hope there will be a retail shop in Sydney where i can get it over the counter & a return point in case it fails.
if 2218 is your postcode you could get it less than 10 minutes away

8900 here, but in a country far far away in a place where it get colder and colder by the day.
I would prefer to be in AU now, walking about a little until the sun go up here and then i follow it.
Sort of like crowded house sang about in their hit song, i would just follow the good weather instead.

Anxiously waiting for the next top of the line offering from SG!

Anxiously waiting for the next top of the line offering from SG!

As are we all. Been waiting a year and anxiously check every day to see if there's been notice of official release or official specs. Sadly, nothing has been mentioned as to a specific timeframe. Likewise, I would get the current top of the line model now, in the interim, if I knew the price wouldn't be cut dramatically on the DCPRO upon release of the next line of models. One can only hope it will be soon.

hesitating on buying sg9663DCpro. Would like to see DR version before making a choice. Still anxiously waiting.

hesitating on buying sg9663DCpro. Would like to see DR version before making a choice. Still anxiously waiting.
just get the pro version and be done with it, then when the dr one comes out get that as well have 4 cameras, one in each side of vehicle.

I love Street Guardian, but it is quite disheartening for the length of time this DR version is taking...over 1 year and now delayed again until 2020....all while there are zero improvements in camera features. One would think it was the greatest camera update in history with how long it has taken to change wires and housing, while keeping every piece of hardware identical. I do love SG but this was disappointing news. I guess I'll just be using the blackvue until any SG successors are ever released.

Would be more disheartening if we released it before it's ready, it's not as simple as just putting the same internals in a different housing unfortunately

I was hoping hard too, really wanted it to be this year or at least the X mas sale.
But i would prefer to see a complete product and not something rushed that will have to get a lot of hardware changes for the revision 2, so it is what is is i assume.
Maybe jokiin will keep quiet for longer the next time to not get peoples expectations too high too early,,,,,,,, still nice though he share plans.

I also some times,,,, okay maybe not now but in years past, become quite enthusiastic over seeing roadmaps for processors and GFX processors and other computer hardware, and only to be frustrated cuz why is it not here now even if the roadmap say in 2 years time.

I'm glad that SG shares where they're at and I'm also glad they're not releasing a product before they feel it's ready. People can complain all they want, but I guarantee no one wants the model to be out and completed more than SG.

Yeah SG held out on parking guard for years too, not feeling what was on offer in chipsets at the time was any good.

Back