SG9663DC Pro OR wait for newer model?

I'm glad that SG shares where they're at and I'm also glad they're not releasing a product before they feel it's ready. People can complain all they want, but I guarantee no one wants the model to be out and completed more than SG.
we're working on a number of products, I slipped up by mentioning the DR model when I thought we were almost there, and then had a setback, that's why I haven't mentioned any details of the other stuff we're working on, the development time always ends up longer than anticipated unfortunately so in future I won't be sharing much detail publicly about anything that's coming

Well you could share direction you want to go, just be strict on no time frame.
I think most people are already expecting SG to join the 4K bandwagon too, and probably also the intermediate resolution cameras too.
No matter what it will be, i personally feel the remote camera are the way to go, no matter which resolution, it is simply better for stealth reasons, and i also feel it could be better for parking mode, and overall bitrate as you can pretty much do with the main unit as you please as its just a box the user have to stick somewhere.
So as long as its not the size of a shoe box it will be fine,,,,,,, helll i would put a main box that large on a super dashcam in the trunk of my car no problem.

Last edited:
new model, will have faster wifi, moot point though as the remote access is via 4G/LTE
This is from another thread but I was wondering about one thing. It is kind of general question which probably cant be answered for all models, but when new camera is released, does it usually share same accessories?

E.g.: would I be able to just replace camera unit and use same cables, same gps module, etc etc? Or wold there be a need for rewiring everything?

This is from another thread but I was wondering about one thing. It is kind of general question which probably cant be answered for all models, but when new camera is released, does it usually share same accessories?

E.g.: would I be able to just replace camera unit and use same cables, same gps module, etc etc? Or wold there be a need for rewiring everything?
we try and share as much as possible. brackets, GPS etc, cables can differ between models out of necessity

Back