SG9663DC Pro OR wait for newer model?

BARDUKE

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all,

New to the dash cam scene. I think I'm convinced to get the SG over the F800 Pro that I initially decided on since there are features I would pay for that I would never use. 3 questions:

1. Is the SG9663DC Pro the top of the line SG model right now?

2. Are there any plans for an updated/new model to come out soon?

3. To run this in parking mode, what 3 wiring kit is needed?

Thank you.

1) Yes the SG9663DC PRO has only been out for 2 months, latest and greatest. (replaces SG9663DC)

2) The SG9663DR should be out by Spring. (DR = Dual Remote) It will have the same specs as the SG9663DC PRO only both cameras are remotely connected to a middle box, and you hide the main DVR in the glovebox instead of attaching it behind the rearview mirror. It will take longer to install the DR.
(same camera as the rear SG9663DCPRO only for both front and back)

1) Yes the SG9663DC PRO has only been out for 2 months, latest and greatest. (replaces SG9663DC)

2) The SG9663DR should be out by Spring. (DR = Dual Remote) It will have the same specs as the SG9663DC PRO only both cameras are remotely connected to a middle box, and you hide the main DVR in the glovebox instead of attaching it behind the rearview mirror. It will take longer to install the DR.
Is there now a spoken alert for failed memory card? My camera will be installed behind my mirror.

Will also whine / beep if you have forgotten to put the card back in the camera after having been retrieving footage on the computer.
I do this often i feel ( factoring in how rare i have the memory card out of a camera ) and most often its not cuz i have forgotten the card in my apartment, i am just in too much of a hurry to get going in the car.

final costing not finalized yet but should be about the same
Will the DVR have a screen on it or will it be strictly wifi? (sorry I'm way behind)

Screen too

SG seem firm on having screens and a on devise option to do settings, wifi are often a hornet nest, and also i assume why they don't really talk about wifi in the products of theirs that do have wifi.
They are working hard on a APP as you can rely on 3 party if you want to do it right.

What is the difference between the SG9663DC and the pro version?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PRO have the IMX 291 sensor on both cameras.

What is the difference between the SG9663DC and the pro version?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SG9663DC vs SG9663DCPRO
-Rear Camera updated to Sony IMX291 Sensor
-New cord and cable covers included (see #25 & #26 in photo spread)

I'm a complete dash cam noob (first post here), but looking to buy a TOTL unit. What are the advantages of the "Dual remote" unit? I think I read somewhere that the remote units will run cooler, which would be important for me as I live in central Texas and it gets pretty hot during the summer. Just trying to decide if I should wait or if I should go ahead and purchase the model that's out now.

Thanks!
-Cody

yes dual remote will run cooler, will still be a while before it's ready though, we're still doing some fine tuning to get things right before we can release it

Back