SG9663DC Pro OR wait for newer model?

thats what you need, right on the dash where its easy to push.

Will there be any pre-ordering for the DR?
Will the wifi be in fully supported? the current transfer speed is pretty horrible right now with the DC.. currently using a card reader to lighting adapter to drop it onto my phone as necessary.

I just purchased the Pro for my mom last week and i'll be setting that up for her in the coming weeks.. I'd like to upgrade my DC to DR just because SG stuff is the best. two remote cameras would be do damn clean!

Pre-orders will open as soon as the last minute adjustment/update is confirmed ready for mass production. WiFi will be included. The official Street Guardian iOS/Android WiFi app is being beta tested. NovaCam app is working as a suitable substitute for DC/DCPRO customers for now. USB card reader will always be faster to transfer a massive amount of high bitrate large files. Street Guardian doesn’t lower the bit rate just to make WiFi transfers faster

Nice to know SG App are in testing, looking forward to see that even if wifi do very little to me.
This SG user recommend to not get too exited in a event, better to get home and review your footage in peace and quiet and then submit if need be, you can always claim i did not think about the camera in heat of the moment.

im hanging for preorder

Pre-orders will open as soon as the last minute adjustment/update is confirmed ready for mass production. WiFi will be included. The official Street Guardian iOS/Android WiFi app is being beta tested. NovaCam app is working as a suitable substitute for DC/DCPRO customers for now. USB card reader will always be faster to transfer a massive amount of high bitrate large files. Street Guardian doesn’t lower the bit rate just to make WiFi transfers faster

Do you have any numbers (time to transfer) so that expectations are set?

The NovaCam app is not polished to say the least, but it works, I don't know enough to know whether it's just crap or if that's just actual time it takes to transfer a video file. I cut my videos down to 2 minute intervals and it takes just under 5 minutes to transfer a 2 minute file. IMO ain't nobody got time for that. If that's what we should expect then I totally understand and I'll stick to pulling the card out and going the USB route.. wifi will be a sort of desperately lazy or "what did i do with my usb thingy" option lol

The NovaCam app is not polished to say the least, but it works, I don't know enough to know whether it's just crap or if that's just actual time it takes to transfer a video file. I cut my videos down to 2 minute intervals and it takes just under 5 minutes to transfer a 2 minute file. IMO ain't nobody got time for that. If that's what we should expect then I totally understand and I'll stick to pulling the card out and going the USB route.. wifi will be a sort of desperately lazy or "what did i do with my usb thingy" option lol
I get better than real time transfers using Novacam (on Android, not sure how it performs on iPhone), I think a bit depends on the handset, not just the app

As long as it not getting a spit shine :D

There are quite a few people anxious to pre-order this so we will post everywhere we can including here. With all the delays I’d rather not take pre-orders until we have a “firm” ETA.

Thanks, I was close to buying the Thinkware 800pro or Blackvue 900, but after reading this forum and other sites I am now set on the SG for the win! I just hope your parking mode will be as good as the 2 I mentioned!

Definitely in for the pre-order. Updating this thread would help immensely as I am "following" this thread in the sense that I get an email if there's an unread post on it.

I would just bookmark this https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/categories/guardtrak-street-guardian.103/

And suddenly soon you will see a subforum having been made for the DR model, and i am sure testers will make sure there will be some action to follow during the short lead-out to actual launch.
Jokiin will probably make that DR subforum the moment he ship out the first pre-production samples.

Back