SG9663DC Pro OR wait for newer model?

No they already have a long relation with a range of guys, one of which i am.
Youtube Influences are not needed or wanted i think, also Jokiin do a lot of work himself, when i have gotten cameras from SG theirs always feel a lot more polished than other brands i work with.

No they already have a long relation with a range of guys, one of which i am.
Youtube Influences are not needed or wanted i think, also Jokiin do a lot of work himself, when i have gotten cameras from SG theirs always feel a lot more polished than other brands i work with.
This is for a review of features of a refined final product. Not for the work intended for SG themselves. Why only release a preproduction model to "long relationship" people with a minimal audience when releasing a review model to someone like vortex radar or us dash cam where their audience is over 100k and possibly having millions of views? That isn't wanted? It is when you're trying to sell a product to the mass public and not a niche market to turn a profit.

well i don't say they will never do it , only @jokiin can tell, but it will be with production cameras i think.
I am totally on board with some people on different social media have huge followings, and that can probably be put to some good for a brand with a product.
Pre-production cameras are like 5 - 10 cameras hand assembled, and while perfectly fine and pretty much like the end product then waiting a little would not harm.

Personally i don't really do much in those "store front" channels or people as i am highly skeptical of all people,,,, actually i often say " i am trust handicapped or challenged"
I am pretty much only on youtube as the only social media, and i should clean that mess up soon as it is my personal channel that turned into a mess of 3-4 different things, so need to create a new channel for just my personal stuff i share with my 1 friend.
I do try to wise up using google and such sites if i am about to spend good money on something completely new to me, but other than that i don't use people like that often, but i will admit i am probably the odd ball here out of billions.

And suddenly soon you will see a subforum having been made for the DR model, and i am sure testers will make sure there will be some action to follow during the short lead-out to actual launch.
Jokiin will probably make that DR subforum the moment he ship out the first pre-production samples.
we'll ask dashcamman to add the subforum when the time is right, there are other models that are nearing completion also, they're all getting worked on at the moment

This is for a review of features of a refined final product. Not for the work intended for SG themselves. Why only release a preproduction model to "long relationship" people with a minimal audience when releasing a review model to someone like vortex radar or us dash cam where their audience is over 100k and possibly having millions of views? That isn't wanted? It is when you're trying to sell a product to the mass public and not a niche market to turn a profit.
we release pre-production units to a very limited number of people as it's just for field testing, would never give a pre production version to a youtuber, any reviews that have happened have only ever been after release

Yeah exiting times, hope you will continue to 1 up yourself, like i feel you have done so far with the older products.

we release pre-production units to a very limited number of people as it's just for field testing, would never give a pre production version to a youtuber, any reviews that have happened have only ever been after release
Good stuff! That's why I mentioned a finalized model being released for review after SG has done their work. I still can't wait to the DR. I'm excited!!

Yeah exiting times, hope you will continue to 1 up yourself, like i feel you have done so far with the older products.
we have 4 new models we're working on right now, they take time though and no point talking about them until they're almost here as there's no real telling how long each will take

So i understand, wont even start fishing for info.
Just hope when you drop my jaw it will be at a time where it don't create too much havoc of the already large mess on my computer table which i really should man up and tidy up soon.

Right now a cup of tea and 2 slices of white bread with strawberry jam are right in the line of jaw fire :)

OK, our road trip to Boston is in July, I will be buying my first ever dual cam and after a gazzilion researches I narrowed it down to the SG9663DCPRO or the Venture N2 PRO. I really want the new up an coming DR9663DCPRO, do you see it coming out in the next few weeks, if not can I possibly get a better deal on the SG9663DCPRO then Amazon price! I plan on buying a separate 512EVO card!

any info thanks

The Vantrue N2 Pro isn't in the same league as SG. It's an older design and the 'rear' cam is meant for recording events inside the car, not behind it. Not a bad cam overall but current technology is appreciably better.

Phil

DCPRO owner here. Well, DR seem good but wiring would be (very) trouble some and it has the same spec as DC. My DC never overheat at all. Even parking direct under the sunlight at noon. Unless there are the new model with 4K. I think you won't miss anything with DCPRO.

Last edited:
OK, our road trip to Boston is in July, I will be buying my first ever dual cam and after a gazzilion researches I narrowed it down to the SG9663DCPRO or the Venture N2 PRO. I really want the new up an coming DR9663DCPRO, do you see it coming out in the next few weeks, if not can I possibly get a better deal on the SG9663DCPRO then Amazon price! I plan on buying a separate 512EVO card!

any info thanks

I'll send you a private message. Check your inbox in the upper right.

Last edited:
DR won't be out in the next few weeks, yes you can get better than Amazon pricing, contact @Street Guardian USA for details

I'm hoping to get an update for the upcoming DR model? It's September now and was thinking it would be available by now. Also, are there any other models coming out soon, around the same time as the DR...as in by the end of 2019? I'm looking to get a dash cam, but was wanting to wait for one that is more updated than current

I don't know what the hang up have been, but something must have sneaked up and suprised the DEV team.
But in regard to image quality ASO as i understand it there are no reason to wait for the DR if you can fit one of the current top models, that should still be the same and only the form factor of the DR are new.

I don't know what the hang up have been, but something must have sneaked up and suprised the DEV team.
But in regard to image quality ASO as i understand it there are no reason to wait for the DR if you can fit one of the current top models, that should still be the same and only the form factor of the DR are new.

Thanks for the reply. There has been talk of this new dash cam, correct me if I'm wrong, since a year ago and was thinking it should be out by now, especially with test units going out a few months back. Unless I misread somewhere on the forum, I believe they said though the DR will have mostly same technology under the hood, what they are building will also be used for a few other dash cams they're making...unless I am mistaken. Nevertheless, the upcoming DR seems so close to release, and despite image quality and likely sensor remaining the same, I feel there will be something beneficial that was upgraded in the unit besides being able to hide the main box and only a smaller cam. I cant imagine it would take this long for something where the software and hardware are already created, developed for a long time on the DCPRO, with only change in housing and some minor wiring. When it's this close to release, as soon as it comes out, the current DCPRO will drop like a rock in price...maybe cut in half. So I would feel silly if I purchased in end of September and then new model or multiple models are released next month. It could honestly be a waste of my time waiting, may regret not just getting it now, but what if I am right and there's something useful upgraded. It would certainly be nice to have. Oh and btw, I'm in Arizona, where it's incredibly hot, reaching 110-115 degrees with ease, and more than 100 days per year with 100 degree and over weather. I believe temps in car are in the solid 140's when it's that hot. So just based on being able to hide the main unit will be nice to reduce working temps.

Yeah. quite a few of us chomping at the bit in this regard, and me getting a test sample of the K2S back in February dident really cool down things for me.
SG or any of the others don't really have anything new to drop under the hood, there is 4K which SG also work on, but other than that there are no new jewels in the purse to bring out.

Back