SG9663DC Pro questions

Oggie

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking into buying SG9663DC Pro for my wife but have a few questions if anybody can answer please.

1. When in parking time lapse or low bit rate mode, if there is an incident how will it be known once person gets back in the car ? Will the cam beep ?

2. Is there way of knowing if cam is not functioning properly (eg. SD card has developed a fault) without looking at the unit ? Will it beep ?

Reason for asking is planing to place it behind rearview mirror so don't want her to have to look at it every time she gets in the car.

Thanks for your help in advance, much appreciated.

it won't beep to let you know if an incident has occurred while parked, if the G-Sensor is triggered though it will move the file to the RO folder so that it doesn't get overwritten

card errors will cause the camera to double beep constantly

Ah thank you for getting back so quick ! Is G-sensor on in time lapse and low bit rate mode ? Would it show on LCD screen that there has been incedent ?

That's what I thought, there will be indicator that there is new item in RO folder ? Sorry for stupid questions :LOL:

No there are no visible or audio alerts to when a file have been assigned to the RO folder.
Only the alert sign on the LCD when the file are actually being created.
It would be nice to have some form of notification when a event have happned while parked, otherwise if it is not a major thing you can miss it or only see it days later.

So unless I look at the car for damage before I get in the car I will not know via dash cam ?

Not at the moment i think ( not a user of parking guard at the moment )
If SG could do it so you got some form of alert upon starting car that would be nice, but it is something that have to be done in the firmware and if the hardware allow for it.
Depending on how good tuned your parking guard are you can get a lot of false event while parked if you use motion detect or even a too sensitive G-sensor, and it would also suck to get into car and be told by camera you have 23 events.
I think if you get alerts like that often and you cant really find any dents in your car you will just start to ignore them.
Besides nowdays for parking guard many use always recording time lapse when parked, unsure on what sensors in the camera then do nowadays when in parking mode.

That's great help, thank you for your time...much appreciated !

Depending on how good tuned your parking guard are you can get a lot of false event while parked if you use motion detect or even a too sensitive G-sensor, and it would also suck to get into car and be told by camera you have 23 events.
I think if you get alerts like that often and you cant really find any dents in your car you will just start to ignore them.

I think this is what happens now with cameras that have this function

Back