SG9663DC questions before purchasing.

BrettLF

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all,

I have been researching dash cams " first time " and have a few questions regarding the SG9663DC.

1) Can anyone confirm or give me an idea of what the parking mode options might be when they are capable?
2) I would be installing in a Ford f150. Would the rear camera mount on the rear flat vertical window without modification?

May have more questions

thanks

Hello

1) Q1
Samples should be ready soon after the Chinese New Year. Factory is closed nearly the whole month of February. (Engineers away) once the samples prove to be good during internal testing, SGDCHW should be pretty quick to produce I think.

2) Should be ok even on vertical rear windows you’ll meet the 40/60 aim guidelines.

Ask away.

Hi again,

" 1) Q1
Samples should be ready soon after the Chinese New Year. Factory is closed nearly the whole month of February. (Engineers away) once the samples prove to be good during internal testing, SGDCHW should be pretty quick to produce I think. "

Is it still up in the air as to what type of parking mode or modes will be available? I am looking to purchase a dash cam setup soon and i am leaning toward the SG9633DC over something like a Thinkware F800 and don't mind waiting for SGDCHW to come out just would like to have an idea of what parking mode options there will be.

Also i am assuming the SGDCHW would work with a Cellink B or Cellink Neo with the three wire output cable from the cellink ACC/Battery/Ground to the SGDCHW ?

thanks

SGDCHW 3-wire system (Accessory, Battery, Ground) will be designed to utilize the vehicle battery.

You most likely would be able to DIY the battery lead wire to a third party power source such as the CellLink battery somehow. (Someone would need to try)

Is it still up in the air as to what type of parking mode or modes will be available? I am looking to purchase a dash cam setup soon and i am leaning toward the SG9633DC over something like a Thinkware F800 and don't mind waiting for SGDCHW to come out just would like to have an idea of what parking mode options there will be.

initially will be timelapse like the Thinkware, will look at other options once we have the power setup sorted

Also i am assuming the SGDCHW would work with a Cellink B or Cellink Neo with the three wire output cable from the cellink ACC/Battery/Ground to the SGDCHW ?

not familiar with those products but if they have a 3 wire output it would suggest it could work, would need to see the product to be sure though

Ok thanks for the feedback from both of you!

Some more questions :)

Like i said this will be my first dash cam purchase and i want to try and make it worth it. "One of my main concerns is a good parking mode". It really does not have to be overnight per say but lets say i parked in a busy lot if something were to happen i would like to know it and possibly have some video proof if it captured what i needed in time.

I am debating between three setups at this time.

1) Thinkware F800 Pro ( support for up to 128 gb card ) I really do not need the lane departure and collision warning features or cloud for that matter. But has good parking mode features from what i have been reading.

2) Street Guardian SG9663DC ( Like it supports 128 gb and larger cards ) I understand i have to wait for the new hardwire cable to come out to take in affect parking mode or modes. I do not know if it will support buffered mode but maybe time lapse. Been reading buffered mode is better for true parking mode? Could be wrong as i am new to all of this.

3) Maybe "2" - SGGCX2 for front and back and let them "continuously record" hooked up to a cellink b or something similar? Any advantage to running 2 single channel as opposed to a dual channel?

Sorry for the long write but feel free to chime in. If any of you were looking to purchase soon for a "quality setup" with the understanding of waiting for the conclusion of parking mode options for the SG9663DC which would you do?

Thanks

The wait for hard wire cable should be very short, as i understand it the cables should go out to retailers some time next month.

I think the SG cameras will be supporting the 21 century parking mode, meaning it operate in file segments ( before and after trigger event ) and not just what can be in a small memory buffer in the camera.
But i am not 100 % on this so better wait for a official RPLY from SG on that.
Also i am not sure if the new SG cameras will have things like time lapse parking mode too, it is after all a sensible way of saving memory card space, though i also think that will be without sound, and i can see / imagine cases where audio might be nice to have in parking mode too.

After having been dealing with several single cameras spread all over my little Suzuki hatch back, i am so looking forward to multi channel cameras so i can at least get footage from 2 camera on 1 memory card.
Not least since the little spring loaded memory cards are pesky to deal with, so several of us old timers have experienced several unintentional launches of memory cards, some even having to wave bye - bye to that card and others have to take seats out of car to retrieve / find it.
I launched my first 64Gb card out a open door and had to crawl on my hands and knees on pea sized stone gravel for 40 minutes to find it, and kneeling on such a thing are actually a old well proven torture method.
And i am not too happy about having a "large" camera on the rear window as it is after all pretty much in the face of the people occupying the car behind you, so i favor the little remote cameras on dual systems

Last edited:
kamkar1 -

Thank you for the reply! I agree with you about only having to deal with one memory card and just being a more simple solution with a dual channel overall.

How is the overall recorded sound playback on the SG9663DC ? Do you have any idea if it's sounds nice and clear and if it picks up sound outside the vehicle pretty well ? Anyone else fell welcome to chime in as well.

If it match the SG9665GC of mine it will be excellent, and i think that's the case / standard of SG.

Should be no problem getting good Audio of any LEO or similar talking to you from the outside, but of course if its on the shoulder of a really busy road then background noise might create a little havoc with the audio, but that's natural.
I have put forth the idea to SG if it was possible to have a outside microphone for such times, could click on the edge of the hood or something like that so its near to the driver side of the vehicle.

In the DC and other dual channel cameras i think both cameras / channels record sound from their own MIC, so in theory ( mine at least ) you could use 1 MIC audio channel for the outside.

Last edited:
Thanks to both of you for your replies. I am heavily leaning toward the DC from SG now :)

Well SG havent really talked much about parking guard in any of their products, so the fact that they do so now must mean that now they think they have what it takes to make it right.

Well i ordered the SG9663DC yesterday from Amazon should be here tomorrow. With any luck can hopefully get it installed this weekend weather dependent.

It was a real toss up choosing between this and the F800 Pro. But i overall went with the SG9663DC based on users experience with the SG line of products and SG's customer support. I am just hoping it will be worth the wait for the SGDCHW and parking mode options as i feel i will get much use out of parking mode.

Back