SG9663DC Rear Camera footage with Factory Tinted Rear Screen

you could easily test by just taking the CPL off the front and putting it on the rear for a while and see how it looks

Good shout I will have a play and compare results, are the CPL filters the same or just compatible front and back? If I find it is beneficial I will give Niko a shout and order one

Good shout I will have a play and compare results, are the CPL filters the same or just compatible front and back? If I find it is beneficial I will give Niko a shout and order one

give it a try but if you like it hang off before you order one as the updated one is due soon which will be better for the front and you can use the existing one on the rear

ok I thought that might be the case, you need to install the release version V1.33, it will stop those odd switching situations you have http://bit.ly/SG9663DCfirmwareV1-33

Will get this installed and fix the issue, in the future do you think there will be the option to keep personal setting when applying a firmware update?

Its the only thing I find a bit antiquated about the setup everything else is superb. I understand there will be a reason for it being like this I would imagine it is compatibility issues between a personal setting file not working with features on a new firmware update and such, but if some of the basic settings can be kept it would make upgrading much quicker

you can't keep some settings on upgrade but we will have a function where you can very easily reload your settings, we're working on that now along with a couple of other things

you can't keep some settings on upgrade but we will have a function where you can very easily reload your settings, we're working on that now along with a couple of other things

Sounds good, just simple things like turning the beep off split times and such would be really handy rather than having to reset them every time we update the firmware.

give it a try but if you like it hang off before you order one as the updated one is due soon which will be better for the front and you can use the existing one on the rear
How does the new one differ from the old? And what is the real world impact?

I ask because I'm seeing some shadow artifacts in the lower corners in my new ride which weren't there in previous vehicles. I didn't give it much thought because I've mounted the camera(s) (DC / X2PRO) on the glass versus on the sensor housing as previously and kind of assumed that may a factor. I haven't tried without the CPL to see if that's a factor. The new vehicle also has an 'acoustical' windshield which I understand is thicker and of different construction than standard windshield glass.

Here's a clip showing what I'm talking about - see the lower corners.

I will have a look at the video in about 12 hours, at the airport at the moment, phone isn't the best for checking this sort of thing

No hurry, it's just something I noticed since getting the new car - besides in 12 hours you should be sleeping or getting ready to.

I will have a look at the video in about 12 hours, at the airport at the moment, phone isn't the best for checking this sort of thing
Just an FYI - I removed the CPL from the front camera this morning and the shadow artifacts are still present so it's nothing caused by the filter. The 'DC' had the same so I may do some testing with a 'GC' and A118-C to try to confirm that, as I expect it may be, something to do with the windshield glass and/or mounting location.

..I may do some testing with a 'GC' and A118-C to try to confirm that, as I expect it may be, something to do with the windshield glass and/or mounting location.
Just did some recording with both a Spytec A118-C and an SG 'GC' v2 and the same artifacts show so it's something to do with the glass and/or mounting location. It is what it is so I'm (hopefully) done playing with it.

In the video above looking at the top of your right hand side fender against the balck of the truck it look as if some one given the top part of your fender a good trashing with a stick.
Thank god the issue are in those less important places in the footage.

Yep, there's certainly a lot of optical distortion going on there. You can see some of the same on the left side if you look for it, just not quite as obvious in that clip.

Hi @jokiin despite upgrading to FW v1.33 my unit has still continued to make lots of little videos and makes lots of beeps, I just havent had chance to come on and mention it.

FW Version

2019-01-29 08.00.32.jpg

This is what my videos looked like this morning, as mentioned the unit also often beeps randomly

Videos.jpg

why you using 1.33? that is soo old and full of bugs. upgrade to 1.37 or did someone tell you to try 1.33??

why you using 1.33? that is soo old and full of bugs. upgrade to 1.37 or did someone tell you to try 1.33??

I am using it because the last time I logged on and had chance to touch the unit I was told to above by Jokiin I don't really have time to come on every time a new firmware is released to update, I kind of expected a stable FW release to be install, forget and use

ok I thought that might be the case, you need to install the release version V1.33, it will stop those odd switching situations you have http://bit.ly/SG9663DCfirmwareV1-33

Just realised I quoted the wrong comment original this is where I was asked to install 1.33, I'll update now hopefully this will resolve the issue

1.37 has been released, you can download from the support page of our site

Yeah I am just completing the update now, do we know if this is stable enough to install and not worry about it again if I don't get chance to tinker with the setup again?

Also is there a way to get email updates when firmwares come out so I don't need go onto the website to check.

Thanks

Back