SG9663DC won't power on anymore

TomZweifel

Reaction score
Country
United States
Stop me if you've heard this one. Red "REC" light turns on for 1 second about 1 second after hitting the power on button, that's it. Tried with both 3-wire hard wire and cigarette plug with red LEDs lit on PSU, memory cards, GPS and rear camera removed, same indications. Tried holding the power button for 20 seconds for the switch to 2-wire, nada. Not quite sure how the reset button works, but I can tell you for sure how it doesn't. If any of the few with deja vu right now have any tips I'm all ears. Otherwise it might be shopping time. :-(

Re-Updating the firmware would be the last troubleshooting step. If troubleshooting is exhausted, Send a private message or email if you wanted a discounted main camera drop in replacement. You won’t have to rewire anything at all then as well.

Try this.
Remove (as you already did) memory cards, GPS and rear camera. Connect cigarette lighter charger. Insert something like paper clip into the "reset" hole, slightly push (you feel the click) and hold it pushed in. Then start the car engine. Wait at least 5sec and then release the reset button (paper clip). If no result then try 10sec release delay.
Let us know the outcome.

No dice, guys. applying power I get no signs of life, backlight doesn't light up, etc. Have to hit the power on button to get one half-second on the REC LED and nothing after. This camera has had issues for about a year now when the front end stopped talking to the back end, and a new cable and rear camera didn't make a difference. So I think it finally gave up the ghost.

I'm going to drop Street Guardian USA a line and see what he might be able to do for me.

The new front camera is in and working flawlessly. The rear camera that had been intermittently inoperative for a while now is working flawlessly as well, so it looks like I've been having issues with this one for a while.

Any chance you might want this one back to do an autopsy on?

Thanks again for the help, everyone!

If you want to send it back that would be great. (but you don't have to) You can use the same return address that was on the label.

Back