SG9663DCPRO beta firmware

I've formatted it in the camera a couple of times now, it always asks me to when I try and update the firmware with it.

There is an older firmware version that doesn’t play nice with 400gb cards. You should try a smaller card to perform the update. (32GB preferred). I can send you a temp test card in an envelope if needed.

AHA! I was formatting it on Windows to try and clean it off before putting the new *.bin on it. When I just used File Explorer to do it, the update took at once. Problem fixed that way.

I figured it was something along those lines, when he said the camera ask to format.

It is still r/w to Windows, so it is something like allocation unit size?

Yeah windows format everything larger than 32GB as exFAT, so formatting your large card there the camera will ask to be allowed to format it again but to FAT 32 this time so it can work with it.
So just do whatever wit your new memory card if anything are needed to be dont at all - then format in camera to get right FAT system - put card in computer card reader and copy .bin firmware file to it, and then back in camera to do the update.
No matter what even if you format a larger card to fat 32 on the computer, then i would still recommend to do a in camera format too after that,,,,,, but i am unsure if the camera ask to be allowed to do that if you have made the memory card FAT 32 on the PC,,,,, cuz you can do that with some software, just windows on its own it will do exFAT on the larger cards like it or not.

I'm curious why the DC seems to get a lot more firmware updates than the DCPRO when the hardware configurations are quite similar.

bar some very minor differences due to hardware the firmwares are functionally the same, we generally do updates and testing on one and then update the other with the same changes

OK guys, is this v1. 16 the latest and greatest firmware for the dc pro? Or should I use v1. 49 in the other thread? Running v1. 14

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Have to be mindful about these little things :)
But i titally understand the issue, you are all fired up about something, and then you loose perspective.

Cheers all, have downloaded. Have to plead ignorance, I thought the only difference between the dc and dcpro was a higher definition rear cam.

Cheers all, have downloaded. Have to plead ignorance, I thought the only difference between the dc and dcpro was a higher definition rear cam.

has a different rear camera, they're both 1080p though

No its the sensor model that is different. DC = IMX 323 rear sensor - DC PRO = IMX 291
No matter with the tech inside these as jokiin say you cant load the wrong FW, unlike ambarella based cameras where loading wrong FW can turn camera into brick and you have to jump a lot of hoops to get it back.

Back