Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
latest release version http://bit.ly/SG9663DCPROfirmwareV1-16

will update when there's a new beta

Note that using beta firmware will NOT void your warranty, links to previous release versions are included in the notes should you want to roll back

Last edited:
Hi, is this the latest beta that has the 30fps low bitrate parking mode with sound? I ask because the release notes say nothing about that but I saw mention of it on a different thread. Also, is this the same 1.08 firmware available for download on the support page (https://support.streetguardian.info/#firmware)?

Sorry to ask, but where can I download it?

Edit: Nevermind, I just changed the '1-08' in the above link to '1-10' and got it.

I'd give you the link if I could, in an airport lounge waiting for a flight, check the bitly link for the version you have and just change the 08 to 10 and you'll get it

Hi jokiin,

Testing the 1.10 beta. Is this the place for discussion for beta firmware?

If the camera's G-Sensor activates during Parking Mode, would I be notified by the camera the next time I start the car?

No as i recall the SG cameras are not that "smart"
This are a feature in other brands as far as i know.

Hi jokiin,

Testing the 1.10 beta. Is this the place for discussion for beta firmware?

If the camera's G-Sensor activates during Parking Mode, would I be notified by the camera the next time I start the car?

yes the thread where the firmware is would be the appropriate place to discuss

no notifications, if the G-Sensor were activated though the files will be in the RO folder just like they do if it's activated while driving

Great! If my shutdown timer is set for 12 hours and an accident occurs after the 12 hours, would the dash cam detect anything via g-sensor so it could record any potential accidents?

Thank you. Any idea if some sort of super low-power mode (only records when g-sensor activates) AFTER the shutdown timer is possible in the future? I have the cellink neo connected to my camera so my car battery draining wouldn't be an issue.

Hi jokiin,

I just had my SG9663DCPRO installed today. It came with the 1.10 firmware and all seems ok, except the g-sensor doesn't seem to work. In parking mode, with sensitivity set to highest, it doesn't put anything in the RO folder when I close the door hard. When I drove around as well over crappy roads, nothing. Sensitivity was on high for driving mode as well.

Oh right, but would it pick it up if someone scraped the back or something?

It's a shock sensor, it needs a hard hit to set it off, someone scraping the car will not set it off

I could set off the B1W by kicking the rear wheel of the car with the sole of my foot, i was a bit amazed i could do that as otherwise driving would not set off unless i really forced my drive style and hit a small pothole,

I would assume the up & down axis should be pretty high as thats what are set off most often i recon by bad roads.
But the side to side or front / rear should be able to have a more sensitive setting.
I have a harder time setting off the sensor in the K2S camera, but i think aside for the sensor values it may also come down to that camera not really being mounted to the car as it just lie on top id the sun visor.
So i have to be quite forceful tilting my car to get a reaction from that camera, and kicking wheel even the front ones do not work, but it is also on the 2 lowest sensor setting, i have not tried to experiment with this value.

I am assuming a camera stuck to a hard surface of the car are more susceptible to G sensor events than a camera that just lie in the car and its most solid anchor-point are the bundle of wires.

I would expect that the G sensor trigger values ( for parking ) could be set so sensitive that a semi or bus passing by the parked car could set off a event, or maybe a really strong gust of wind ( most sensitive setting )
As for while driving i would never want to use G sensor.

Last edited:
Yeah I agree. I never really need g-sensor while driving because I'm there when the event happens. However, when it's parked, it would be useful to have even the smallest bump, including closing the door/boot trigger an event, so if something happens I don't have to trawl through 8 hours of footage.

I had a ThinkWare F800 Pro in my old car, and it caught someone scraping the back of my car as they tried to leave the curb. If the g-sensor had not caught that, I would have had a hell of a time trying to find out what happened.

Even if there's extra events from getting out and back in to the car, it's pretty obvious because those happen around the time you leave and return to the car, so I think ultra sensitive parking g-sensor would be quite welcome.

All we can do is keep at jokiins throat, and i am sure if we are not unreasonable he will also accommodate our wishes.
Sadly i am not yet able to work with parking modes of SG cameras, but that will change some day soon, and i will be using parking guard then, not all day as i don't need that as i have CCTV on my car at home.
But i will make damn sure my cameras work so i can nail those un-classy parking lot vandals ( just found a 120 mm long bump on my driver side door ) Sadly it came there before i started to experiment with parking guard on the K2S test camera.

So just keep plugging away on your camera, and let jokiin know if you find something thats not to your liking or maybe totally out of order,,,,,,, you could theoretically have a broken G - sensor,,,,,,, probably the first one but still it is a option.
How about in the player, are there no movement in the G sensor values at all ? cuz if they read 0 when you are driving then the sensor got to be broken.

Last edited:
Back