SG9663DCPro freezes when rear camera is plugged in

disk1of3

Reaction score
Country
United States
I was having trouble getting it to work at all so I went through component by component. I determined that the problem occurs when the rear camera is plugged in.
It gets as far as the 2nd 1080p icon pops up then it becomes completely unresponsive. You have to us the pin reset or unplug it to reset it.

How can I tell the difference? It's been a while since I bought it. The firmware says DCPRO200416V1.17

Square. And thank you for the quick reply, by the way!

I did not, so I just brought the other one out there with me to try it and I noticed the plug into the rear camera was a little loose. I made sure it was secured all the way in and tried again. Everything works! Looks like it was just a loose USB cable.

Thank you very much for the quick replies.

Cable / plug issues seem to often be the reason for #2 camera problems no matter the brand of camera or connector / wire type, since 2 channel become the "norm" at least.
But it is still a risk i an willing to take VS running individual single cameras, cuz that quickly became a pain at least if you "often" go for footage to share.

If you like me have the rear camera on a rear hatch i think it is imperative to have the wire secured in some way before the gap between the hatch and the car is made, otherwise there might be a excess strain on the plug.
Normally i have just used the little cable holders and then jumped the gap in between hatch and car at the upper corner of the rear window / hatch with a little excess wire which is then dangling when the hatch are closed.
But the last camera i installed i went all the way and routed thru the rubber grommets to the hatch holding other wires.

My car have the rear hatch hinged above at the roof.

Back