SG9663DCPRO menu glitching, reboots or turn off completely

ezuser

Reaction score
Country
United States
One of my SG9663DCPRO is having issues within the menu screen. While in the menu selection screen, moving up and down to change settings, the unit would just sometimes shut off completely and not turn on or shut off and reboot. Sometimes just pressing REC to stop recording sends it into a reboot.

I've switched the unit to my other car, switched the card in it, reformatted it, it's up to the 1.17 FW, I've included also removing rear camera, also tested it outside of the car at home with a 12v adapter to the cigarette plug. Any other troubleshooting I should try? Have others run into this similar issue?

That behavior sounds like a rear camera communication issue. Test with the rear camera unplugged. If that works, test with the unused secondary rear camera cable loosely ran.
Next most common thing with that behavior is a bad memory card. You'll need to test with another card to rule that out.

That behavior sounds like a rear camera communication issue. Test with the rear camera unplugged. If that works, test with the unused secondary rear camera cable loosely ran.
Next most common thing with that behavior is a bad memory card. You'll need to test with another card to rule that out.
Same issue with no rear camera plugged in. Also, switched out memory card with another and same issue. What's next for troubleshooting?

Thanks. I can't seem to create a ticket. I get a spinning icon that never stops. This occurs on several browsers that I tried on. Do you want me to contact via the Contact Us form or through private conversations here on this forum?

hmmm not sure what's up with that. It just worked for a few others customers recently. Yes, a private message is fine. Send all the same details the support ticket asks for.

Thanks, messaged you, will go from there.

Back